Greetings to you all

AliGauld

Hi there,

I've been lurking around for a while now reading up on a whole lot of stuff which will help me.

I haven't made a model for about 30 years. There were kits lying around and that have moved with me for years but I've not had either the time nor inclination to get started, but my son started making his own custom wrestling figures a while ago and watching the results of these has pushed me into getting started with some of my kits myself.

As we now have a 12 hr roster at work I have a week off every 4 weeks, so time to actually do stuff.

To everyone whose posts I have perused can I say thank you for all the tips and techniques that I will use going forward.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

Hello Alistair ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from across the pond. Enjoy the hobby and don't try to do everything at first. To much risk of getting overwhelmed and disappointed. Start by building and trying one/two new things out on a kit. Once youre comfortable and confident move on to the next one or two techniques. You’ll be surprised how fast you proceed and its far less stressful. Oh & please try not to build to what you think we want (the forum). Build it so you're happy with it. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Hello and welcome.

Any special interest?

Hi There,

Nothing specific. Mainly Aviation and early Formula 1. I intend at some point to build the various aircraft I was lucky enough to get to fly in whilst i was a space cadet.

31 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Alistair ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from across the pond. Enjoy the hobby and don't try to do everything at first. To much risk of getting overwhelmed and disappointed. Start by building and trying one/two new things out on a kit. Once youre comfortable and confident move on to the next one or two techniques. You’ll be surprised how fast you proceed and its far less stressful. Oh & please try not to build to what you think we want (the forum). Build it so you're happy with it. 

Dennis

Hi,

Thanks for the good advice and will try to show some patience.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2