VE Day,VJ Day - 75 years since the end of WWII

Robert Stuart

2020 will mark the 75th anniversaries of the conclusion of WWII, with two significant dates - VE Day on the 8th May and VJ Day on August 15th (Victory in Europe, and Victory over the Japanese Days respectively).

A group build covering the whole of the war would, I think, be too broad in scope, but one covering the last few months might prove interesting.

Builds covering the following period ...

End dates - VE day for European campaigns, and VJ day for Far Eastern campaigns.

Start dates - harder, so I'll ask for your views here.

1. 1st January 1945
  2. 26th January 1945 (Hitler's last great offensive, the Battle of the Bulge ended on 25th January.)
  3. The start of an arbitrary month - somehow, I favor 1st April 1945 but I have no logical reason for that date.

Given the amount of prototype and under-documented equipment the Germans were producing up to the end of their conflict, I feel we can relax WhatIfs a bit, to include items that were built and discovered by allied forces, and equipment that reasonably could have been used.

What do you think?

{edit 27 June 2019}

See Wez's proposed GB here:

{/edit}

Good afternoon Robert

That is a great idea

May be we could have 2 subGb 1 for the last months of WWII in Europe and the other for the last months of fights in Asia ? 

And I would prefer a dedicated section for the Whatifs but that is only my opinion  ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1