Some old builds...

I've posted some of these on BM before, but after photobucket's hissy fit none of the threads will have pics any more. And some may have only been posted on car modelling forums - but it's been so long I honestly can't remember! As I was doing some housekeeping in my pictures folders tonight and came across them again I thought I'd give them another airing.

Hasegawa Lancia Stratos1975 San Remo rally winner, minor detailing in the interior - wine bottle foil belts with p.e. buckles and some small p.e.exterior details. Zeropaints and their one pack clear, kit decals.

Racing 43 Big Model 1/24 Grp 4 Ferrari 308. This is a full white metal kit and is flippin' heavy. Same minor details as Strat, Halfords Ford Diamond Whie from the rattle can polished out, no

clearcoat, kit decals;

A0042

A0043

Tamiya Impreza, Reji decals which were a real pain as they stuck like limpets as soon as they touched the model (eventually found that some dish washing liquid in the decal water helped sort that), Zero paint and one pack clear, again some minor detailing including scratchbuilt intercom headsets for the crew. 

A0033

A0034

Another Tamiya Imprezza, I can't remember who did the decals, maybe Studio27. I was actually contacted through the forum by the son of the driver of this car who bought the model as a gift for his dad! ;

KM0013

Citroen Zsara 2 litre 'kit car'. This is a full resin kit (I can't remember the maker, possibly Renaissance) o.o.b.with just added wine bottle foil seat harnesses;

A0040

A0038

I've probably bored you to tears by now, so that's all folks!

Keith

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, giemme said:

:gobsmacked: I have never seen any of your RFIs before, Keith, but heck! They're just gorgeous! :clap: Any chance you'd put on some aircraft builds? :whistle:

Ciao

Many thanks G, I'll try & find some pics of my aircraft builds in the next few days :)

K

• Thanks 1

Nice models . A friend of mine knows the co driver of the zebra stripe Impreza . He’s Steve Lancaster and remember my friend showing me photos of the car on the actual rally , San Remo 1998 I think . The Citroen brings back memories of the 1998 Tour de Corse rally in Corsica which I spectated on . They , and Peugeot’s 306 Maxi kit cars , were so fast and loud , more like super touring cars with two seats ! The WRC cars were outclassed . Thanks for the memories. 

Gary .

• Like 1

One of the reasons I built the Xsara is, if my memory serves me right, that in the hands of 'Bug' (Philippe Bugalski), it was the last two wheel drive car to win a WRC event - I think on the 99 Tour de Corse? I've always loved the 2 litre kit cars and wish I'd seen them 'live' on tarmac, they must have been spectacular - I envy you for that! I can't wait for the Beemax 306 Maxi, but really should finish my Provence Moulage 1/43 one first I guess!

Many thanks for your comment! :)

Keith

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love WRC cars in 1/24 scale!

They're all beautiful, though I particularly like the Winfield Impreza and the Citroen Xara.

I just loved the look of those Xara's from the first time Citroen introduced them in WRC - especially that while/yellow/red scheme.

Liked them so much I built Heller's kit - a nice and relatively simple build.

All of your work is excellent.  Thanks for re-posting.

:clap:

Edited by kapam
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Kapam,

I've got the Heller Xsara to build too and having built their Lancer I agree they're nice, simple builds - fairly relaxing really! That kit will be done as Loeb's dark blue Go!!!!!!!!!!! car (no Galouises advertising allowed any more!!)

Cheers

Keith