Jake E13A1

ruth

Hallo again

This is my Jake E13A1. The kit was Nichimo. One of our first Japanese aircraft. We had only Japanese literature for this model. Since I learn Japanese for some years, our teacher translated me some of the text to the photos and to the drawings. The kit was not easy, since of a lack of detail. So I obscured to entire cockpit with canvas and some cleaning tools for the ground crew. The engine was also a horror, and I took some spare engine from resin. I think Vector.

QenUDEm.jpg

pe5QeDr.jpg

tJhIOki.jpg

qD3zqUi.jpg

6MuJM4d.jpg

mT7BvbV.jpg

Happy modelling

• Like 25

You made a very nice model form this vintage kit. I like the shadow-shading and the overall finish.

I built the same one around 1995 in overall grey. I agree with the deficiencies of the Nichimo kit but somehow I liked it. Now I have acquired the cockpit etc. enhancement kit from Lone Star Models (Mike West offers very nice resin parts) and I will refurbish my model with this and other modifications soon.

さようなら, Michael

- It might have not been easy to sort such a model from this prehistorical kit. I have it in my stash for many years, I opened the box  several time as I wanted to have this sea plane in my show case firmly decided to built it, after some hesitation I closed it again and give up......You have done a really excellent work to sort it like you have done.👍👍