DH-2

dov

Hallo again

This is my DH2 from Roden in 1/32. Here is the rigging a particular thing. I designed the strut support plates, on CAD. In cooperation with Cooperstate Models, they produced these parts. I did this design work voluntarily. It was the idea, to create for all WW1 model a/c these strut support plates. To achieve easier rigging. Moreover, to prevent drilling the wing. On the same way, I did the Be2c in 1/48 and the DH2 in 1/48.

However, in the state of assembling the DH2 the troubles did not show up. The strut support plates I glued with CA on the wing. As I need them, for the static rigging. The gluing of struts I did with CA, because of the pin diameter & hole diameter from the Roden kit.

In this case, the DH2 I got along because I did all gluing with CA. Well, I have to mention, that the assembly was very difficult.

Today I improved the etched parts. I build the Be12 in 1/48, but here I failed. I glued the etched parts with CA and the struts with Tamiya glue. I did not get along. The gluing process is the problem.

As a verdict: As long as you only use CA, it is ok. However, here I see the problem for bigger scales. With CA, there is no chance for drying alignment or a dry fit since you need bigger holes and the struts may not be in place for more than a second. I have no solution yet for gluing the struts with Tamiya glue; so I gave up. Maybe some days I have an idea, but not yet.

IFjOhR5.jpg

RQNtW7u.jpg

4XhvCnY.jpg

VjRghFk.jpg

bBirxli.jpg

Happy modelling

• Like 26

• 11 months later...

A great model to start with, but amazing how the improved photographs really lifted it to the next level!

Makes me wonder about some of my own builds - ones that I am proud of; yet still falling a bit flat in photos.

Anyway, that is a superb model and the rigging is incredible!

:clap:

Super job. I like the support plates for the struts. Superb photography too which does real justice to a first class model.

You state that Copperstate Models made them for you - are they available as a set from the same company?

P