Avro Lancaster Instrument Panel Upgrade. 1:32

Avro Lancaster Instrument Panel Upgrade
Airscale 1:32

fc.jpg

In preparation for the release of the huge HK Models Lancaster, we have Airscale providing a replacement instrument panel, which includes each individual panel, levers and shrouds for the throttle quadrant and a set of decals, and knowing Peter's penchant for detail, highly accurate. There are also two small sheets of acetate with exceptional optical quality.

The etched steel parts should be painted and finished off to the modellers taste before assembly can begin. For the main instrument panel, engineers panel, navigators and circuit breaker panel the clear acetate sheets should be cut to size, using the panels as a template, the gluing the acetate to the rear of he panel followed by the decal, ensuring the instruments align with the positions on the front of the panel, the etched backing plate is then glued into position completing the assembly. Some of the instrument decals are for the front face of the panels such as the switch covers.

For the throttle quadrant, you will need to make slots in the kit part before adding the various levers. The shrouds should be removed from the sheet separately in order to fit the correct to the correct position on the quadrant as there are left and right shrouds in addition to the main shroud for the throttle levers.

sheet.jpg

decals.jpg

Conclusion
Peter's decal panels and Photo-Etched (PE) instrument bezels have rapidly gained a reputation for quality within our hobby, and Fantasy Printshop have done another fine job of printing his work. The big Lancaster will be a labour of love with as much detail as possible by most modellers who buy it and what better place to start than the cockpit. When I talked to Peter at Telford, he assured me this set will also fit the newly announced 1:32 Lancaster from Wingnut Wings.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of Peter at
logo.jpg

• Like 3

Having looked at the size of HK & WNW built Lancasters on display at Telford the reality of showing one when you've built it set in

But being as WNW are doing a cockpit/front turret kit I can see a lot more of these being sold for that type of kit

• 5 months later...

It should be noted that the fret no longer contains levers and switches. Text on Hannants and Airscale website has been amended to reflect this. I have written to Airscale asking why they have done this. Edit: the information on the Hannants website from which I obtained my information is incorrect. The fret still contains everything that was included with it. It will benefit substantially from the detail fret which is also available.

Edited by avro683