Mass Effect Model Face Painting + gear HELP!

Big Joe

Hi just ordered myself some custom mass effect models of Shepard and Miranda Lawson thing is I dont know where to start paint wise. as you can see from the pictures i need them colours I know I sound like "tell me the colours" but I aint got a clue when it comes to paints. 

other thing is they are big models and I am wanting them to have detailed faces  I know this sounds like a stupid question again but does anyone know of a set or something to use I mean there are ones out there just they are meant for men and stuff what I mean is I wanted them to look like a woman like the pictures .

ALSO hair colours as well plz 

I really dont have a clue mass-effect-3-femshep-1200-0-0-117473.jplatest?cb=20110201173508

hope you can understand poor writing skills 

cheers 

Don't buy a set of colours unless it has colours you know you want. You're probably better off choosing a skin tone plus black/white/red/blue/yellow to shift it around and create highlights, shading etc. (You could mix a skin tone from primaries but it's often easier to have at least one pre-mixed colour so it doesn't change between sessions.)

I would get some primary colours and have a play on paper or plastic spoons to get a feel for it.

Good paint ranges depend on what you want to do - I like the Citadel paints as they're easy to get hold of where I am, others swear by Vallejo. Artists' tube acrylics are excellent too.

HTH,

Will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Don't buy a set of colours unless it has colours you know you want. You're probably better off choosing a skin tone plus black/white/red/blue/yellow to shift it around and create highlights, shading etc. (You could mix a skin tone from primaries but it's often easier to have at least one pre-mixed colour so it doesn't change between sessions.)

I would get some primary colours and have a play on paper or plastic spoons to get a feel for it.

Good paint ranges depend on what you want to do - I like the Citadel paints as they're easy to get hold of where I am, others swear by Vallejo. Artists' tube acrylics are excellent too.

HTH,

Will

cheers has given better idea 

It might be worth trying to get a couple of cheap head casts to practice on.

Mitches Military Models usually have seconds heads available at shows for a few quid.

Might be worth contacting them if they are not at a show near you.

https://mitchesmilitarymodels.co.uk/

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, rockpopandchips said:

AliExpress is a great place to pick up some cheep practice kits. 

Just bear in mind that many of those bargains will be recasts of existing kits. If you're not familiar with recasting, this piece is pretty old but worth a read:

http://www.gremlins.com/kitbuilders/recasts.html

It's a sobering note that pretty much all the garage kit producers mentioned in the article are no longer in business :(

NB: There's a whole different argument about whether or not kit producers should be making unlicensed designs from other people's IP. It frustrates me how many of the people who argue in no uncertain terms that recasting is an evil blight on the world are totally fine with intellectual piracy. But maybe that's a story for another time.

Apologies for rambling derail!

• Like 3