More MENG 'Glueless assembly' models on the way or was the Mustang it?

TEXANTOMCAT

I built the rather fab Meng 1/48 Mustang this year having never built a Meng kit before and was really impressed by the whole package, it had a quality feel all its own. I really bought it because I was intrigued by the push fit claims but it was so well engineered it really did (I did glue it out of habit really) and only a smidge of filler was required. 

Price wise it was not far off a tenner more than the Airfix Mustang, which could I guess be justified due to the unique engineering and more CAD time... the build was an absolute doddle and I'm seriously tempted to do another - certainly in my top 10 kits list.

Apart from their Meng toons tank kits - are there any plans to do any more aircraft in the same vein or did the project turn out to be a damp squib?

ATB

TT

• Like 1

Hi TT

I must admit I'm with you on that one, I was sceptical about building one as it as the glueless type, but after I built it I found it was a much better kit than the Tamiya P51 which in itself is a superb kit.

I'm thinking about getting another when I build another Mustang :) 

Let's hope more kits are in the pipeline

• Like 1

Just seen this, I am sorry to say that having built the Airfix/Meng/Tamiya P51’s as a comparison exercise I can not agree that the Meng one was better than the other two. Airfix kit was very similar in detail and had about the same fit issues as the Meng kit, Tamiya model has the best fit still, even though it is some twenty years old. Which one would I buy for future builds 1st Airfix, 2nd Tamiya, wait for the Eduard kit and lastly the Meng rendition. This is only my opinion and I didn’t expect to come out in that order at all. From press perception I though it would be 1st Meng, 2nd Airfix and lastly good old Tamiya. I am loooking forward to the Eduard model next year.

I am willing to discuss further if anybody wishes and I do not work for Airfix or Eduard.

Simon

• Like 1