Revell 1:48 Bell UH-1 «Huey Hog»

40 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Sorry for my incompetence, what is LST? 😐

Landing Ship Tank. In Vietnam the US Navy modified some for forward operating bases as helipad/fire support. They were there for the Patrol boat Riverine forces operating on the River’s and along the coast. 

bAaYSvO.jpg

AaeO1JE.jpg

f1UdQex.jpg

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Landing Ship Tank. In Vietnam the US Navy modified some for forward operating bases as helipad/fire support. They were there for the Patrol boat Riverine forces operating on the River’s and along the coast. 

bAaYSvO.jpg

AaeO1JE.jpg

f1UdQex.jpg

Dennis

Sorry Nikolay, CorsairFoxFourUncle is correct and I'm bad. Should have explained what LST was. At any rate, that's the plan. I've also drawn up and acquired pieces and kits to scale it out to 1/72nd scale. My only regret at this point is not having a PCF (Patrol Craft Fast) Swift. Hoping Revell or Monogram reissue the kit. In my making of a few UH-1's I had a couple of fuselage part were not completely molded. So I took those and made them as battle damaged. Your kit build is looking great.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, f111guru said:

Sorry Nikolay, CorsairFoxFourUncle is correct and I'm bad. Should have explained what LST was.

No problem, Ron!

31 minutes ago, f111guru said:

In my making of a few UH-1's I had a couple of fuselage part were not completely molded.

Yes, the openings in the fuselage is a bit bigger than needed.

32 minutes ago, f111guru said:

Your kit build is looking great.

Thank you! 🤝

OK guys,

the main rotor blades painted:

46460196032_98456be6f5_k.jpg

Along with a stabilizers:

46460195522_5c17c26ee9_k.jpg

Yes, there was a some problems (my airbrush was clogged with a gloss paint and the decals need some more Mark Fit).

Anyway, the build goes well and I need a few more steps to finish it:

46460194862_7405eafed3_k.jpg

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

• Like 5

Coming along quite nicely there Nik. Way back when in the early 80's I build the Italeri UH-1D. I was part of the Loading Standardization section that over sees and trains airman to load aircraft. The chief of the section was taking a photography class and took these picture.

UH-1D-Italeri48thScaleUH-1D-Italeri48thScaleRtSide

The gun, light and mounts were scratch built from one of the Vietnam War series Helicopter book.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 4

Your Slick looks great, Ron!

4 hours ago, f111guru said:

Coming along quite nicely there Nik.

Thanks Ron, the painted rotors looks very refreshing and added some charm to the build.

4 hours ago, f111guru said:

The gun, light and mounts were scratch built from one of the Vietnam War series Helicopter book.

The Minigun is great! I hope this model is survived and standing somewhere 😶

Cheers! 😎

Hello friends! 🤝

Last night I performed a few touch-ups, including the position lights, tires, cannons and antennas painting - so the Huey is awaiting the varnish coating...

And I would to wish you and all your families a Happy New Year! 🎄

Cheers! :santa:

Hello,

@bbudde@Ex-FAAWAFU@J.P.@AdriaN (MLT), @exdraken@Mr B@f111guru@Corsairfoxfouruncle - thanks friends for your comments, information and support!

Now it’s time to invite you to an RFI section with a completed model pictures:

On 15/12/2018 at 17:00, Mr B said:

Awaiting your final review

So, it’s great kit with some minor disadvantages (flash and a moderate amount of a twisted parts). The plastic is thin - but I can call it an advantage - looks very in-scale, especially for the fuselage and door parts. Very detailed, beautifully engineered and has its charm... Actually, I can spend a little more time with a sanding and dry-fitting to achieve a better results. Even the Kitty Hawk’s models have their charm too, I prefer this kit over a stashed Kitty Hawk’s «Slick».

The weakest part of the kit is a clear parts, the door windows is a bit loose. The windshield design is great, there is no glue required at all.

Well, a few words about a versions: actually (as I understand correctly), from this kit we can build an UH-1C (Army version, as I did) that was «recently» converted from an UH-1B; as for the suggested in instructions UH-1E (Marines version) with an interesting painting scheme, the kit misses the winch and its fairing on the roof - not a so problem to scratch-build, I think.

Thanks! 🙂

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov
  • Like 2