MkIV Male Fascine Carrier

Main details over on AFV forum under Work in Progress and Ready For Inspection.  This is the last of my current WW1 builds.  Not quite all finished for the anniversary.  I'm toying with whether to start on my Lanchester a/c before starting packing to move house.

rBI7bVY.jpg

• Like 3

I discovered today from someone whose WW1 knowledge I trust implicitly that recent research indicates that all Fosters-built tanks were factory finished in Brunswick Green (i.e. what is later called British Racing Green).  This was the colour they used on their civilian machinery and they initially had the pigments in stock to make it.  With the Admiralty and War Office seemingly not specifying any particular colour they just carried on using it.

That would be a lot darker than the green I've used, which was initially quite dark but I didn't like that and toned it down more into the khaki range.  In WW1 paint sets, the AK Interactive French Green No1 is a nice Brunswick Green but there will be loads of others.  So mine isn't a Fosters tank: good job I didn't pick a known Fosters serial!

• Like 2