50 Years of progress Soviet/Russian armour

On 11/23/2018 at 5:44 PM, Jim Wasley said:

oops, fat fingers.

That explains the 1/16th scale!

A nice trio of beasts, Lloyd. The T-34 is my favourite though.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder

Yes, fat fingers, 4 thumbs, trifocals and throw in some shaking and 1/16 scale is  probably the best.

Thanks Stix

I'd like to put together something like a museum display to show them off better but dioramas and me and of course the

real estate required just aren't happening.

Take care all,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Thanks Das

Unfortunately the display case isn't big enough for nine 1/16 AFVs and soon to be ten when that Panther G shows up. I've

been looking at some larger cabinets with glass sides and doors but they are close to or over Cdn$1000 so will have to wait.

That would really cut into my modelling budget, after all that's almost the price of three 1/16 kits......... 

Meanwhile they are sitting out in the open on top of my 3 small display cabinets, a shelving unit and my computer credenza. They

need dusting with canned air once in a while and Mr Cat hasn't bothered them, yet but I'd like to get them away from temptation.

Take care,

Lloyd

I have the pictures on my phone, just have to upload them to Flickr, and hopefully not go over that 1000 picture limit. I'll probably post them in my KT post since I don't want to start a new form for a tank I don't plan on building for a couple more months. And I did manage to get the Beast done before Thanksgiving, so I was able to show it off to the family that came to town.  How was your Thanksgiving?

Mark  

Mark

Glad to hear the beast is complete and looking forward to the photos. Bet the family was impressed.

Too bad the big Panther isn't going to prowl for a while though. Since mine is still "back ordered" with no word of when it will

be shipped I have to rely on watching someone else's build. I sure hope it isn't almost a year like it took to get that second

1/16 Jagdtiger and the second King Tiger, that was frustrating.

Our Thanksgiving is in early October so it's just a distant memory now. Watching all of the Black Friday antics and managed to pick up two

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB solid state drives for a good price here in Canada thanks to the price matching of U.S. prices. That doesn't happen

often enough.

Colder than a witch's t$t here right now, quite a bit of snow and nothing in the stash again.  Getting caught up on some Netflix and yes,

just a little bored. 

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

The family was impressed with it and shocked at how long it took for me to complete it. (But that's the fun part, right?) 

I know you have had bad experiences with eBay, but I have yet to have a bad experience or a bad seller(Knock on wood). eBay is where I got my KT and the Panther off of and got them within a week of ordering. Not sure of the shipping costs for the US to Canada, but it cost around 30$ to ship a large package from FL to my hometown. 

Sounds like a great deal for those 2 SSD's I sadly couldn't score anything more than a couple parts for my PC. 

Can't imagine what its like up in Canada for it to be that cold, down here where I'm at, we just went from about 50F(10C) to about 20F(-6C) in a day so everyone is in 'shock' since rain turned to snow in about an hour. So it makes for a fun time in school, where heating is dependant on the classroom or stairwell. 

Mark.