1/72nd Airfix Beaufighter Mk.VIf, white Coastal scheme, 9 (C) OTU, RAF Aldergrove.

Hiya Folks,

I`ve always fancied doing a Beaufighter in the white and grey `Coastal' scheme,.... but wanted a more operational looking aircraft rather than the more usual factory fresh images that you often see. Some early aircraft had flat tailplanes which served with operational units complete with, TSS uppers and white sides and undersides plus codes,...... but having found a photo of  X8084 from  9 (Coastal) Operational Converson Unit at RAF Aldergrove wearing the later scheme with codes I went for that instead. This aircraft had previously seen service with 236 Sqn before joining 9 (C)OTU.  The White was from a Tamiya rattle can,... but the EDSG was brush painted using Pactra acrylic with decals from the kit and spaes box,.... codes were modified from a Modeldecal sheet..

Here is the real aircraft;

X8084   9 OTU  RAF Aldergrove

Here is the WIP;

And here is the model;

DSCF5277_NEWDSCF5280_NEWDSCF5275_NEWDSCF5294_NEWDSCF5284_NEWDSCF5282_NEWDSCF5288_NEWDSCF5289_NEW

DSCF5290_NEWDSCF5291_NEWDSCF5278_NEW

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 68
  • Thanks 1

Tidy work as ever Tony :goodjob:

I was wondering how you were getting on with this one and its siblings as hadn't seen an update to your Work In Progress thread for a wee while. Hope you are keeping well and not suffering too much with your back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely job that scheme really suits her...

Cheers Vince,...... yes I`ve always liked the scheme,.. even more since I realised that it was used in unit service too...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Col. said:

Tidy work as ever Tony :goodjob:

I was wondering how you were getting on with this one and its siblings as hadn't seen an update to your Work In Progress thread for a wee while. Hope you are keeping well and not suffering too much with your back.

Cheers Col,..... yeah I`ve been laid up since Telford as it has taken it out of me a bit,....... plus I was in hospital on Friday for an MRI Scan, pending another spinal op! The back is sore as ever,...... but hey I can at least do a bit of modelling now,

Cheers

Tony;

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Cheers Col,..... yeah I`ve been laid up since Telford as it has taken it out of me a bit,....... plus I was in hospital on Friday for an MRI Scan, pending another spinal op! The back is sore as ever,...... but hey I can at least do a bit of modelling now,

Cheers

Tony;

Sorry to hear that fella but glad you can at least do some time working on the models to take your mind away from it for a while.

• Like 1