Revell 1/144 Airbus A380 British Airways

Just finished this kit, after having travelled on this very plane (G-XLEK) a few weeks back.

An out of the box build.  The landing gear is extremely delicate so I had a simple stand made.

Apologies for the photos...I don't really have any "studio" facilities, so a cupboard top has had to suffice!

20181121_121222_00120181121_12180020181121_12140620181121_12172020181121_12144020181121_121634

20181121_121333

20181121_121133

20181121_12164920181121_12173720181121_12150020181121_121513

Edited by t15dja
added photos
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

That's magnificent.  The A380 is always impressive and the BA livery really suits it.  :goodjob:

I hope you'll favour us with lots more airliners in the future.  We've had a really good run of civil RFIs recently and your A380 is definitely a worthy addition.

Dave G

21 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I hope you'll favour us with lots more airliners in the future.  We've had a really good run of civil RFIs recently and your A380 is definitely a worthy addition.

I've just started Revell's 1/72 Concorde, so, all being well, will post that up when I'm done.

Another belter ( HP Victor too ) You've been a busy boy ! Nice and clean . That stand is good , saved the u/c collapsing . Another well done !

Spoiler

Seem to be stuck with this spoiler box , wheres this come from .

Edited by bzn20
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Who's BA decals did you use on the build?

I used the decals out of the box.....they were well behaved and actually went on very well considering the size of some of them and the curves that they have to wrap around....some of the best I've used.

Edited by t15dja
Added words

For those that may be interested, this kit is actually a bit of a bargain on eBay UK at the moment considering the amount of plastic for your pound.....it's currently available for less than £22 with free delivery in the UK.  

Edited by t15dja
Added words
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

I bet painting those wheels was a lot of fun 

They weren't too bad....painted them all black on the sprue then used a tiny circle stencil template to spray the wheel centres

• Like 1

14 hours ago, t15dja said:

I used the decals out of the box.....they were well behaved and actually went on very well considering the size of some of them and the curves that they have to wrap around....some of the best I've used.

Well how about that, I didn't realise Revell had boxed it with BA decals!

A really impressive model, like the real thing.  Beautifully rendered with a lovely, smooth finish.  A nice touch that it an aircraft you've actually flown on.  I do wish BA would ditch that rather 80s looking 'sash' on the front fuselage though and reinstate Speedbird. 

• Thanks 1

she's a big old girl when all made up isn't she? - looks superb and 100% British; a very nicely made model.

Did you know that Revell re-brand and use the 26Decals for this release of the kit - I only found out from Ray Charles when speaking with him at Telford a few weeks back.

quite excellent

2 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

they take up a lot of space!

She sure does, Mike, especially when she's competing for shelf space with my 1/72 A400!

Very very nicely done! This is a beautiful airplane in the BA livery, and you have done so well in capturing its beauty. I really like the stand to preserve the spindly gear. Thank you for adding to the civil airliner collection here; we need to see more for sure! Don't worry about not having a "studio" for the display pics; love the natural surroundings...makes it look like the superb model that it is! :like:

• Thanks 1