+++ Small Wars GB - Take 2, now at 33 names

Col.

My plan still holds - 🇬🇷 F-16 and a 🇹🇷 F-16 duel over Aegean sea. I will most likely not be able to model the specific aircraft in the conflict, but hope a generic plane from both air forces will be enough. I gotta get my hands on those Tamiya kits 🙂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

My plan still holds - 🇬🇷 F-16 and a 🇹🇷 F-16 duel over Aegean sea. I will most likely not be able to model the specific aircraft in the conflict, but hope a generic plane from both air forces will be enough. I gotta get my hands on those Tamiya kits 🙂

Now that will be a cool dogfight-double :) 

18 minutes ago, Col. said:

Now that will be a cool dogfight-double :) 

Which went "hot" 23.5.2006 when Hellenic AF F-16C-52 #99-1514 "514" from 343 MIRA and Turkish AF F-16C-50 #93-0686 from 192 Filo collided mid-air in mock dogfight. One pilot perished 😞

• Sad 2

Can’t see my name on the original list so I’d better raise my arm again to show some support. Might even tackle my first set of figurines - how about two woman scrapping it out for the last pack of toilet roll? 

Put me down for the Covid-19 Panic Shop War. Unfortunately what started as a ‘small war’ soon escalated into something very ugly indeed! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Put me down for the Covid-19 Panic Shop War. Unfortunately what started as a ‘small war’ soon escalated into something very ugly indeed!

World War, 'xcept we're not shooting each other in this one (I hope)

OK, I'm still in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Which went "hot" 23.5.2006 when Hellenic AF F-16C-52 #99-1514 "514" from 343 MIRA and Turkish AF F-16C-50 #93-0686 from 192 Filo collided mid-air in mock dogfight. One pilot perished 😞

A sad fact of warfare and keeping the uneasy peace in between times is it will always cost lives.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Can’t see my name on the original list so I’d better raise my arm again to show some support. Might even tackle my first set of figurines - how about two woman scrapping it out for the last pack of toilet roll? 

Cheers.. Dave

Sure there's a few sets of post-appocoliptic figures out there from the likes of Masterbox that would be suitable :lol: 

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

World War, 'xcept we're not shooting each other in this one (I hope)

OK, I'm still in

Yet :frantic:

1 hour ago, spaddad said:

Still in

Glad to hear you're all still up for this one :) 

28 minutes ago, Andwil said:

I’d like to add something from the Spanish Civil War (unless that’s considered too big)

AW

Spanish Civil War is fine for this one :) 

At the moment we're running in a semi-official capacity within the year-long They Also Serve GB so you can get started there if you wish ;) 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/677-they-also-serve-2020/

I figured I could probably build a V Force aircraft for this! Does the Falklands count for a small war? I'd like one of the Victors from that... What about that one time a Victor dropped some bombs in Malaysia (Malaya at that time?) as a not so friendly show of force? Or perhaps a Valiant from that one time they dropped over 800 bombs in Egypt.... 

Plenty of ideas and leave it to me to figure out how to build a V Force aircraft for most of the group builds on here 😂

3 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I figured I could probably build a V Force aircraft for this! Does the Falklands count for a small war? I'd like one of the Victors from that... What about that one time a Victor dropped some bombs in Malaysia (Malaya at that time?) as a not so friendly show of force? Or perhaps a Valiant from that one time they dropped over 800 bombs in Egypt.... 

Plenty of ideas and leave it to me to figure out how to build a V Force aircraft for most of the group builds on here 😂

Seems fair enough to me :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

In that case count me in!

Good man :D 

Keep in mind you can join in the unofficial version of this GB in the They Also Serve event happening all year ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Good man :D 

Keep in mind you can join in the unofficial version of this GB in the They Also Serve event happening all year ;) 

You really had to tell me that didn't you.... I'm trying not to empty my bank account in lockdown! 😂

Right.... Looks like I have an excuse to build a 1991 gulf war Victor

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Haha 3