Revell 2019 releases

VMA131Marine

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Fair point well made - add into the mix the WNW would appear to be cheaper than the HK models one then its really only those guys who have either pre-ordered or who REALLY want one now rather than waiting 12 months for what, on the face of things, appears to be a better product at a cheaper price. But still well over £200 a pop - lumme. 

How do we know that the WnW Lanc will be cheaper than HKMs offering?

I've seen no mention of price other than a quote from WnWs Richard saying that " they hope it will be around the price of the Felixstowe/HB29 Duellist package"

At present that is $349 which means big H will convert to £349 that's not accounting for price increases, exchange rates between now and the kits release ,and of course the B word scenario what ever that may be.

My fear was that I could pick up a HKM Lanc for £340 but a Wingnuts kit may be £500+ in a year so's time, so  I bought  the former tho would have preferred the latter. (don't like clear fuselage's)

Genuine question, has a price been banded around?

TIA

a disappointing new release list for 2019 but we must remember that revell was only saved from closure 6 month ago so a slow year is probably to be expected until the new owners gets a grip of the situation, we may see the addition of some more new tool stuff at the Nuremberg model show or later in the year but still the return of the 48th Phantom and the 32nd harrier  has saved us from ebay scalpers and the shackleton mr.3 to modern standards is most welcome -- i give revell a B+ .

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, gavingav said:

a disappointing new release list for 2019 but we must remember that revell was only saved from closure 6 month ago so a slow year is probably to be expected until the new owners gets a grip of the situation, we may see the addition of some more new tool stuff at the Nuremberg model show or later in the year but still the return of the 48th Phantom and the 32nd harrier  has saved us from ebay scalpers and the shackleton mr.3 to modern standards is most welcome -- i give revell a B+ .

Revell Germany was never in danger of closing as it was not included as a debtor in the US bankruptcy filing.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Revell Germany was never in danger of closing as it was not included as a debtor in the US bankruptcy filing.

my mistake, but they are still under new ownership and that transition can take some time .

3 hours ago, sinnerboy said:

How do we know that the WnW Lanc will be cheaper than HKMs offering?

I've seen no mention of price other than a quote from WnWs Richard saying that " they hope it will be around the price of the Felixstowe/HB29 Duellist package"

At present that is $349 which means big H will convert to £349 that's not accounting for price increases, exchange rates between now and the kits release ,and of course the B word scenario what ever that may be.

My fear was that I could pick up a HKM Lanc for £340 but a Wingnuts kit may be £500+ in a year so's time, so  I bought  the former tho would have preferred the latter. (don't like clear fuselage's)

Genuine question, has a price been banded around?

TIA

This is a Revell release tread, pls keep anything in here to that.

JUlien

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gavingav said:

You might have a point about the restructuring having some sort of impact. 

Also we forget then revells core market is in Germany and they have a business model to re-release other manufacturers kits in Revell boxes as these will see in the home market. 

Julien

• Like 1

Well re-pop of 48th Toom, Shack 3 and the Chinook MH-47 (HC3/5) are all nice kits to look forward to next year for me, especially so when the Toom and Shack will no doubt be discounted by a nice amount by retails.

May even go in for the 94 Benetton as well

26 minutes ago, MiG-Mech said:

Does it make sense still buying ICM and Zvezda or can I wait for Revell reboxing ?

Its the luck of the draw, sometimes in the UK the other kits are cheaper, but sometimes Revell does better decal options. In Germany a Revell boxing will generally sell better. However its worth looking in each case at the price point and whats in the box before deciding which to go for.

Julien

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting Revell to release a 1:32 Fw 190A-8 Sturmbock. I just wish they'd re-release the 1:32 Bf 109G-10 with Hartmann's decals.

Edited by Sturmovik

1/72 Shackleton Mk.3! 😊

And best of all, a 1/48 RAF Phantom for a decent price! Huzzah!

Just need a 1/72 Andover/HS748 now. Someone? Anyone!?... (but not vac-form)

16 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Slightly disappointed to see that the Series III Land Rover "new tool" is only a "level 3", which suggests it might be a simple curbside, rather than including an engine (or preferably two -- V8 and diesel)...

best,

M.

That'll be quite a disappointing one. Especially after their last classics were good quality complete kits. 

Side note: the new A320 is level 3, and the A321 level 4...

1 hour ago, Ka-Efka said:

That'll be quite a disappointing one. Especially after their last classics were good quality complete kits. 

Side note: the new A320 is level 3, and the A321 level 4...

Beware!!!

The A 321 is a full kit with landing gear,

the A 320 is a display model without a landing gear (you must check your spare parts for that!).

modelldoc

8 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Beware!!!

the A 320 is a display model without a landing gear (you must check your spare parts for that!).

modelldoc

my mistake. Thought it is because the A321 wing has more complex high lift devices than the A320 😇

19 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

I wish they'd retool that Halifax Mk1.   Surely all they need is a few new parts such as the wheels, prop blades etc.

I think the changes required to make the kit accurate are more extensive than that. The available correction sets are mainly cosmetic fixes only. It really requires retooling of the wings and nacelles.

5 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I think the changes required to make the kit accurate are more extensive than that. The available correction sets are mainly cosmetic fixes only. It really requires retooling of the wings and nacelles.

True but it I wouldn't mind if they just did some new correct prop blades and wheels.   The blades are the most glaring inaccuracy to me and to a lesser extent the wheels.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, modelldoc said:

Beware!!!

modelldoc

How do you know?

That was revells plan some time ago, and they change plans. The Skill level doesnt tell anything about this, since their present A320 is Level 3 as well.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:27 PM, SeaVenom said:

True but it I wouldn't mind if they just did some new correct prop blades and wheels.   The blades are the most glaring inaccuracy to me and to a lesser extent the wheels.

For me, it’s the engines being much too wide, completely changes the look of the aircraft. The only correction for this was the Aeroclub one which is now OOP

14 hours ago, RCI said:

How do you know?

That was revells plan some time ago, and they change plans. The Skill level doesnt tell anything about this, since their present A320 is Level 3 as well.

You can find it here:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2019-das-ii-bis-iv-quartal/

(sorry it's a German website) you can use a translator

modelldoc

Edited by modelldoc

On 1/1/2019 at 5:08 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

Slightly disappointed to see that the Series III Land Rover "new tool" is only a "level 3", which suggests it might be a simple curbside, rather than including an engine (or preferably two -- V8 and diesel)...

best,

M.

If the site linked by @modelldoc is correct (and they seem very informed) it'll have an engine replica and option for l/h and r/h steering.

Nice.