Revell 2019 releases

VMA131Marine

On 11/22/2018 at 12:21 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

On 11/22/2018 at 12:21 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

That's why I think HK Models are gonna have a problem with their  big Lanc. I'm not sure there are that many people who have:

a) the room to display a 1/32 Lancaster

b) the desire to own a big, beautiful, highly-detailed model of one

C) the skills to build one and do it justice, and

d) who are prepared to drop several hundred pounds on a single kit that will take them a year to build well

who are also likely to be worried about the difference in price between several-hundred-pounds and several-hundred-pounds-and-a-bit-more...

...and married (still).

Finally doing the Lynx HMA8. Any chance of the rotor fold?  A new tool Harrier GR1 in 1/32 is a missed oppertunity. 1/32 ME262 a single seater? Have I said 1/32 enough?

On 11/22/2018 at 7:54 PM, ivand said:

I'm also curious what the markings will be in the Belgian/Dutch F-104G reissue.

.. and if RoG will throw in at least part of their F-104C specific sprue, since both Dutch and Belgian Starfighters retained the Lockheed seat, as opposed to just the MB seat in the RoG Luftwaffe boxings. 

To wet your appetite, there's a very nice Belgian '104 walkaround here:

http://www.sbap.be/aircraft/f104g/f104g.htm

Proost,

Andre

8 hours ago, Hook said:

.. and if RoG will throw in at least part of their F-104C specific sprue, since both Dutch and Belgian Starfighters retained the Lockheed seat, as opposed to just the MB seat in the RoG Luftwaffe boxings. 

To wet your appetite, there's a very nice Belgian '104 walkaround here:

http://www.sbap.be/aircraft/f104g/f104g.htm

Proost,

Andre

Indeed, whereas the Hasegawa offers the Lockheed C-2 as well. That's a very nice walkaround of a pretty well preserved aircraft. I managed to miss that, even while I consult that site quite often. Thanks!

TBH, the Hasegawa F-104 is better overall than the RoG, just a pity about those 'dimples' at the rear of the fuselage...

Edited by ivand

8 hours ago, gavingav said:

Wow the 1/48th phantom re-issue is cheaper than the 72nd airfix kit !!

The Revell kit is £29.99. Last I heard the Airfix kit was £24.99.

Allan

On 11/22/2018 at 10:50 PM, RichG said:

A new Shackleton MR.3? - a Mark 3 Phase3 perhaps, with four turning and two burning?  Woohoo!!! :thumbsup:  But which squadron to do... 203 at RAF Luqa, Malta I fancy,  or maybe a South African bird or maybe I could do both... at £30 its a great (starting) price at the big H. 

With this and the re-release of the 1/48 Phantom FGR.2 :wub:  I can seriously see my funds being diverted to Revell away from buying big red boxes in 2019 (unless there are a few unannounced surprises waiting in the wings).

Rich

PS just hope its not a reissue of the old Frog Shack... fingers crossed

From what I understand ( and I hope I'm wrong) it will be the old Frog kit but with the addition of the Vipers for a Phase III aircraft..... Think you'll find the 'proper' price is £40 tho'?

Edited by keithjs

29 minutes ago, keithjs said:

From what I understand ( and I hope I'm wrong) it will be the old Frog kit but with the addition of the Vipers for a Phase III aircraft..... Think you'll find the 'proper' price is £40 tho'?

I would be very surprised if so. My understanding is that the Frog mould has now deteriorated so far that it is barely usable, given the state of some of the recent Eastern Express kits. I cannot see Revell putting their reputation at risk for that, particularly not at the same retail price as the new mould AEW.2.

4 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

I would be very surprised if so. My understanding is that the Frog mould has now deteriorated so far that it is barely usable, given the state of some of the recent Eastern Express kits. I cannot see Revell putting their reputation at risk for that, particularly not at the same retail price as the new mould AEW.2.

Lets hope you're right then... Scalemates show the AEW 2 kit but with 'new parts'.....I think that's  got to be an understatement... 

1 minute ago, Dave Fleming said:

The AEW2 was clearly set up to allow a mk 3 at a later date

Ah, right.. Can someone refresh my memory then as to what will need to be done? Aren't the wings completely different or do I remember that Revells AEW wings were somewhat a bit of a hybrid? I know the nose is separate so does that mean all behind that is the same? There'll obviously be a plug of some kind for the tail wheel too then? 

Separate nose, and what appear to be drop in panels for the outer wings (The mark is visible on the inside of the wing panel). the mk 2 specific clear parts were on a separate frame to the communal ones as well. If they do one with Vipers they would need separate outer engine nacelles as well

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 5:38 AM, azureglo said:

As someone who has spent over 3 decades  working with "marketing execs", I can tell you Allan, that you are absolutely, positively and totally correct. "Marketing execs" know exactly what they're doing...😂

Literally every time I criticize Revell's marketing decisions (mainly over all their missed opportunities to make different variants of kits) I get a flood of indignant replies from people here basically saying that companies like Revell must know something we don't.

These, I should add, are the same people that go ballistic over a missing rivet.

So basically, modelling companies have genius marketing teams, and idiot engineers :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Phantome said:

Literally every time I criticize Revell's marketing decisions (mainly over all their missed opportunities to make different variants of kits) I get a flood of indignant replies from people here basically saying that companies like Revell must know something we don't.

These, I should add, are the same people that go ballistic over a missing rivet.

So basically, modelling companies have genius marketing teams, and idiot engineers :P

I think you definitely need to re-read what I wrote: I think you may be missing the point,: Here's a hint 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, azureglo said:

I think you definitely need to re-read what I wrote: I think you may be missing the point,: Here's a hint 😉

Sorry, it came across as I was objecting to your statement which was evidently ironic. I was just trying to add to it!

On 11/26/2018 at 8:34 AM, keithjs said:

Keithjs You could not be more wrong. The Revell MR2 AEW was tooled more to favour the MR.3 with some areas of the wing incorrect for an AEW unit but correct for the MR.2

The split fuselage also was designed to allow alternative versions to be built. It was a 100% given that at some point in the future Revell would be issuing the MR.3 with updated parts

• Like 1

I still can't understand why that wing myth lives on.

When the Revell Shack was first announced there was a pic which showed the wings from an oblique angle, this odd perspective made them look broader toward the wing tips, suggesting the MR.3 type.

These shots were released at around the same time as the Airfix Shack and were set against some fierce opinions.

On release the Revell AEW.2 wings ( @thepureness MR.2 and AEW.2 wings are the same) have been proved to be correct.  There was a minor surface detail error, which from memory depicted an MR.3 fuel tank cover, this is barely noticeable and easily corrected if fussy.

Revell was always going to do the MR.3, and the breakdown of the fuselage parts in particular shows this.  One giveaway is the MR.3 bog window on the stb'd rear fuselage which should be painted over on the AEW kit.

One other myth to address here is that an MR.3 Phase III by definition had Vipers. Phase III was an equipment update which correlated with the MR.2 Phase III changes, beside major equipment and internal layout changes there was a minor change to the fuselage windows arrangement.

The Viper upgrade occurred shortly afterwards, but there were some Phase IIIs in service without Vipers and indeed one was lost before it had the chance of having the jets added.

I'm really looking forward to the MR.3 release, kit of the year for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 71chally said:

There was a minor surface detail error, which from memory depicted an MR.3 fuel tank cover, this is barely noticeable and easily corrected if fussy.

This is the exact detail I was referring to.

I ignored this when building the AEW.2 but knew it was there.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, thepureness said:

Keithjs You could not be more wrong. The Revell MR2 AEW was tooled more to favour the MR.3 with some areas of the wing incorrect for an AEW unit but correct for the MR.2

The split fuselage also was designed to allow alternative versions to be built. It was a 100% given that at some point in the future Revell would be issuing the MR.3 with updated parts

OK, that's good news then and it also means it has now gone to (nearly) my number one position of kits to buy next year. Thanks for all the advice... 

• 3 weeks later...

Revell 2019 programme

For the a/c side:

- ref. 03888 - Bell X-1 - 1/32nd - 02/2019 - reedition

- ref. 03886 - Bücker Bü131 Jungmann - 1/32nd - 02/2019 - rebox of ICM kit

- ref. 04994 - F/A-18E Super Hornet - 1/32nd - 01/2019 - new tool

- ref. 03874 - Fw190 A-8 "Sturmbock" - 1/32nd - new variant
- ref. 05690 - Hawker Harrier GR Mk.1 - 1/32nd - reedition of the vintage Revell kit
- ref. 03875 - Me262 A-1 Schwalbe - 1/32nd - new variant
- ref. 04961 - Messerschmitt Bf110 C 7 - 1/32nd - 04/2019 - rebox of Dragon kit

- ref 05688 - Spitfire Mk. II "Aces High" Iron Maiden - 1/32nd - reedition
- ref. 04963 - B-1B Lancer - 1/48th - 04/2019 - reedition Platinum Edition Limited Edition

- ref. 03918 - Junkers Ju52/3m - 1/48th - 02/2019 - reedition

- ref. 03885 - Nieuport 17 - 1/48th - 01/2019 - rebox of ? kit

- ref. 04962 - Phantom FGR Mk.2 - 1/48th - 01/2019 - rebox of Hasegawa kit

- ref. 03873 - Avro Shackleton MR.3 - 1/72nd - new variant

- ref. 03650 - B-25 Mitchell - 1/72nd - reedition Easy Click
- ref. 03884 - Eurofighter "Ghost Tiger" - 1/72nd - 03/2019 - reedition

- ref. 03879 - F-104 G Starfighter NL/B - 1/72nd - reedition
- ref  03651 - F-4E Phantom - 1/72nd - reedition Esay Click
- ref. 03889 - Kamov Ka-58 Stealth - 1/72nd - 02/2019 - rebox of Zvezda kit

- ref. 03890 - Kfir C-2 -1/72nd - 02/2019 - rebox of Italeri kit

- ref. 03876 - MH-47 Chinook - 1/72nd - rebox of Italeri kit

- ref. 03878 - MiG-25 RBT - 1/72nd - rebox of ICM kit
- ref  03880 - Tornado ECR "Tigermeet 2018" - 1/72nd - reedition
- ref. 06450 - Tomcat- 1/100th - Build & Play

- ref. 03942 - Airbus A320 neo Lufthansa New Liveryth - 1/144th - new tool
- ref. 04952 - Airbus A321 neo - 1/144th - new tool
- ref.  03881 - Airbus A350-900 Lufthansa New Livery - 1/144th - reedition

- ref. 00453 - Airbus A380-800 - 1/144th - 03/2019 - reedition

- ref. 03882 - Airbus A380-800 Emirates "Wild Life" - 1/144th - reedition
- ref. 03872 - Airbus A380-800 Lufthansa New Livery - 1/144th - reedition

- ref. 03887 - BAe Harrier GR.7 - 1/144th - 01/2019 - reedition

- ref. 05686 - Boeing 747-100, 50th Anniversary - 1/144th - 04/2019 - reedition Gift Set

- ref. 05687 - Boeing 767-300 "Rolling Stones" - 1/144th - reedition Gift Set

- ref. 03883 - Embraer 190 Lufthansa New Livery - 1/144th - reedition

- ref. 06453 - Apache - no scale - Build & Play

- ref. 06452 - Eurofight - no scale - Build & Play

- ref. 06451 - Tornado - no scale - Build & Play

Sources: 

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2019.html

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/01/revells-new-releases-named-for-2019.html#more

Revell%2527s+2019+release+update+%25281%

Revell%2527s+2019+release+update+%25282%

Revell%2527s+2019+release+update+%25283%

Revell%2527s+2019+release+update+%25284%

Revell%2527s+2019+release+update+%25285%

Revell%2527s+2019+release+update+%25286%

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Slightly disappointed to see that the Series III Land Rover "new tool" is only a "level 3", which suggests it might be a simple curbside, rather than including an engine (or preferably two -- V8 and diesel)...

best,

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon