B2M2 Mitsubishi

dov

Hallo again

This B2M2 is a carrier bomber of the late years before WW2. It was used for operation against China and Manchukuo. This a/c are very seldom to find. As well as rare pictures as well as models.

I have a certain linkage to Japan, and therefore this a/c was a must. The kit from Coroszy is nice. The instruction not easy, but Coroszy by itself is a fair partner. When a part is broken, you get replacement.

The rigging I did is a basic rigging, I will put it on the forum soon. Different from rigging of WW1 1/32 a/c! And much easier.

v6W4fPI.jpg

SCteWa2.jpg

XLfAR9J.jpg

XLfAR9J.jpg

7Em1Nxk.jpg

cV1lWIr.jpg

6GKXVSE.jpg

Happy modelling

• Like 37

Looks great! 👍

Good to know these early bomber types from Chorozsy build up nicely - I've got their B4Y in the stash.

I notice with certain glare, the wing surfaces look to have diagonal 'scratches' - was this meant to represent texture?

regards,

Jack

• Like 2

This is an excellent model. Very well done - keep up building Japanese airplanes! Glückwunsch Dov, Michael

Edited by Toryu

Very nice result! 

31 minutes ago, MikeR said:

I do like these interwar Japanese biplanes!

We call those Japan biplanes "interwar" but they took part in war - namely the second Sino-Japan war (1937-41) .

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 2

Hello dov,

That's a lovely model of an interesting (and rarely modelled) type.

I may need to look at Choroszy models. They do a lot of interesting Japanese subjects, but I'm not sure how readily available they are here. More to add to the to-do list!

Regards,

David

Love the colouring and surface detail, and different nature of the plane. I think these are mentioned in Osprey Aces of the Republic of China Air Force, which you may already have read, if not, it's great   

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

That's a lovely model of an interesting (and rarely modelled) type.

I may need to look at Choroszy models. They do a lot of interesting Japanese subjects, but I'm not sure how readily available they are here. More to add to the to-do list!

Regards,

David

David, good idea to look for the Choroszy models. Similar like also Ardpol resin kits. Both they are designed by very good modellers from Krakow. I 've bought recently four Japaneese two-seater biplanes from T. Choroszy. In my case it much simpler - in know him in person and he is producing them in a few kilometers distance from my house :). But I think they are available worldwide. I've seen them in a model shop in Canada some time ago. Most likely they are available also in Australia. I hope so. Eventually, in Internet shop times everything is available everywhere, sometimes, although for more money only ;)

Regards

J-W

3 hours ago, JWM said:

David, good idea to look for the Choroszy models. Similar like also Ardpol resin kits. Both they are designed by very good modellers from Krakow. I 've bought recently four Japaneese two-seater biplanes from T. Choroszy. In my case it much simpler - in know him in person and he is producing them in a few kilometers distance from my house :). But I think they are available worldwide. I've seen them in a model shop in Canada some time ago. Most likely they are available also in Australia. I hope so. Eventually, in Internet shop times everything is available everywhere, sometimes, although for more money only ;)

Regards

J-W

Hi J-W,

Not many options for them here in Oz. I've looked at their website, and postage is a little expensive, but not too bad (more expensive than from the UK, but cheaper than from the US). 

Regards,

David

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Not many options for them here in Oz. I've looked at their website, and postage is a little expensive, but not too bad (more expensive than from the UK, but cheaper than from the US). 

I just had a phone talk with Arek Choroszy (Thomas' son, now a C-in-C of the business) and in fact they have no dealership neither in Australia nor even in the UK. But there is a good news too as the Polish Mail has special fare for small packets (up to 450 g) worldwide - each single kit from A/B/C ranges can be shipped to Australia for 4 GBP (5 EUR or 6 USD).

You can order their kits straight from their website.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KRK4m said:

I just had a phone talk with Arek Choroszy (Thomas' son, now a C-in-C of the business) and in fact they have no dealership neither in Australia nor even in the UK. But there is a good news too as the Polish Mail has special fare for small packets (up to 450 g) worldwide - each single kit from A/B/C ranges can be shipped to Australia for 4 GBP (5 EUR or 6 USD).

You can order their kits straight from their website.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the advice. I did a quick search last night, and it seemed as though there weren't any Australian distributors for Choroszy. I may sent an email to my two regular local sources asking them to start stocking them.

Anyway, apologies to @dov – I hadn't intended to hijack the post of his beautiful B2M2!

Regards,

David

Hello Dov,

Your B2M2 turned out really nice. I've been to the Choroszy website a few times and they have some really interesting pre-World War II subject matter. What did you use for the rigging? Thanks for posting.

Oh rigging there:

Quite simple. Elastic from 

http://store.modelkasten.com/shopbrand/rigging/ 

But the rigging here I did so simple. To take the end of a thread, and fix it to the bottom of a strut. I made a box, by using one thread a long as possible and pull it into stretched position. Loop it around 360° at the next strut end and fix it with CA. Just continue. THe very end has to be looped again and fixed. I avoided drilling too much, because of brisky resin!

Happy modelling