New Company to Me: Microdesign.ru

Kingsman

I came across this company on another forum.  New to me.  They do some interesting stuff, with a perhaps-understandable Russian focus.  https://microdisign.ru/

And it turns out that they have etched brass sets for the new Zvezda T-34/85 and SU-100 kits, which is exactly what I was looking for and not finding elsewhere.  So I took the plunge and ordered some, along with a set for the ICM Ford T Utility and a set of tools.  Prices are remarkable at about £8 for the T and SU etch, under a fiver for the Ford T.  The Ford set even includes cast brass lights!!!!  About £6 for shipping, which is also good.  Took less than a week to arrive and slipped in under the HMRC radar - which cannot always be guaranteed.  Payment only in rubles, so your card provider will charge you a fee of about £3.

Here are some photos.

hmFDJwh.jpg  a6p774o.jpg?1

1GizDoC.jpg?1  VHMvXey.jpg?1

NmJD8eh.jpg?1  RjZeof5.jpg?1  VHzoOIg.jpg?1

• Like 1

I hadn't noticed the scissors.  But I had noticed the paintbrushes, which could be useful for dioramas.  I'm not sure if you're supposed to glue 2 brushes together to make them thicker, but there are 2 of each size.  Maybe a bit thin at single thickness.  Awkward join line if you glue them together.

The quality and finesse of all the parts looks very good, and at about half the price of other brands.

15 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I hadn't noticed the scissors.  But I had noticed the paintbrushes, which could be useful for dioramas.  I'm not sure if you're supposed to glue 2 brushes together to make them thicker, but there are 2 of each size.  Maybe a bit thin at single thickness.  Awkward join line if you glue them together.

The quality and finesse of all the parts looks very good, and at about half the price of other brands.

drip some thickish superglue on the handle and see what the surface tension does?

2 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

drip some thickish superglue on the handle and see what the surface tension does?

Now that is a really good idea that I would never have thought of.  PVA might work too.  The surface tension of a water-based product might be beneficial on a non-absorbent surface.