Hanoi Rock's! Grumman intruder.

stevej60

Hi Folk's,last build for this GB will be Grumman's Intruder in1/48 scale,it's Monogram's kit re-boxed. After the Panther I really wanted to do another of their

kit's and I/ve never built this kit or even an Intruder for that matter,a couple of on-line review's show a well liked kit by those that have built it this box art

is from the kit ordered(at a very reasonable £19:99) and there's a nice hi-viz gull gray over white decal option,apparently it's a fair size too!

imageproxy

• Like 8

Morning folk's,no progress on anything for a few day's bit of mojo loss but should be back soon,anyway Intruder arrived but only just got the

chance to peruse the sprue's.Well for it's age and price you can't whack it,lovely fine raised and recessed detail and what look's like a decent fit

of the major part's.

20181125_114709

Thankfully decal's look useable and with a decent paint job the cockpit should pass muster,will get a start after the Panther is finished.

20181125_114833

• Like 4

Good to see another intruder being built up Steve, although I don't think there's much love for them amongst the f14s, there has been some super models made up from this kit, I'm sure yours will be on the ball too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's, I need  to grab another pot of yellow to finish off the Panther and can't get to the shop so I made a start on the Intruder.I

didn't want to get too bogged down with detailing so just followed Revells colour callout's and used mostly decal's rather than paint the quite nice

raised detailing,The pilot's are quite well molded so I'm painting them to see how it goes once I was happy with it I joined up the fuselage side's which

went without a hitch.

20181204_110222

20181204_110158

20181204_111525

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nice progress on your bomb truck Steve, looking forward to the hi viz scheme

Thank's Glynn,me and white don't mix so it will be interesting to see what happen's which is a shame as I love US Navy gray white scheme's.

Edited by stevej60

8 hours ago, Hewy said:

Tamiya fine white primer, great stuff, good luck, I'm using every grey in my arsenal on mine🙄, a simple hi viz scheme is to dream about

34 minutes ago, Jabba said:

A good start with the cockpit and seems to be coming together very well. You could try Halfords White primer and Appliance Gloss White rattle cans for the white, it usually works for me.

Thank's Glynn and Jabba,I have appliance white in  the shed so will probably go with that.I need to source gull gray my LMS has lifecolour and Mr Hobby

as well as the usual major makes so will need to see which has the best write up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening folk's,not been idle on this one but it's tried  my patience a little,re-shaping the nose as it was warped meant cutting off the refuelling probe

for now,wing's were a little troublesome but all's well now.

20181213_204119

Pylon's fitted going for fuel tank's on the inner and bombed up on the outer's nose weight to add then pop the insert in and on to paint.

20181213_204129

• Like 3