"You are not allowed to ignore that member"

..was the message that appeared after, you guessed it, attempting to add someone to the ignore list. I'm not sure why this would happen, as I don't think they're a member of staff, so to speak.

I'm just a little curious as to why this would happen. I mean, it's not particularly important or anything, it's just that the "but why?!!" voice in my head won't shut up!

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

I've not heard of this feature before.

When you ignore a member, does it not show their posts or something?

When the blocked person adds a post to a thread, its blocked out with the message "you have chosen to ignore content from this member" and you are offered the option to read it or not...………….pointless reading it as you have blocked him/her for a reason

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lasermonkey said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's more a case that I find certain personality types rather grating, so I stick them on ignore. It just tunes a little bit more of life's "white noise".

No scandal or drama here! 🙂

Who said that? :headphones:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

Are we able to ignore ourselves?

I've been doing that for years, "you do not need that new kit, do not start this kit until you have finished those others" etc, etc.  never listen to myself!  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Are we able to ignore ourselves?

It was by ignoring myself that I ended up with an inch-long piece of wood poking out of the sole of my foot last week, which resulted in blood going all over the house when I extracted it! It's still a bit sore now. I can think of several other occasions where my inner voice has said "are you sure you want to do this?", I've done it anyway and it's all gone Tango-Uniform.

At least the voices in my head are benign!

• Sad 1