Belenko”s Mig-25

Plastic_parts

The old Klausguide (The IPMS color cross-reference guide, 1988 edition) is quite specific on this one and states the colour of Belenko's MiG-25 was FS26373. Other references give MiG-25 colour as similar to US Light Ghost Gray which would be FS36375 or FS36373, depending on source. I found no Tamiya equivalent for the Klausguide colour, but one cross reference chart give Tamiya equivalents of latter two colours as XF19 and XF66. Not much, but I hope it helps. Cheers

Jure

Edited by Jure Miljevic
spelling and grammatical errors corrected (hopefully all of them)
  • Thanks 1

I just looked up the instructions as I sssumed that Hasegawa would have been able to have a look at the a/c and they say "Matt light grey - Mix white and dark grey to get he colour you prefer. According to TV and other photos there appears a somewhat bluish color but take precautionas it may have caused by the reflection of the sky"

So much for a definitive answer!

John

• Like 1

As you may have already guessed Soviet MiGs were not painted according to American Federal Standard, therefore all these FS references are very approximate.

Soviet sources identify the colour as just "Gray" - Шаровый Серый, in reality the colour varied even within the same batch. 

AKAN 73059 was made using authentic samples, if we talking about Tamiya I would say XF-19 would be close enough. 

• Like 1