Revell Porsche 356B Coupe, 1/16 scale

Thanks very much, all... I think we're on the home straight now:

inside-in-1.jpg

inside-in-2.jpg

inside-in-3.jpg

inside-in-4.jpg

inside-in-6.jpg

inside-in-5.jpg

If there's one key piece of advice I'd want you to take away from this model if you're building the same kit, this is it: getting the interior tub in using the snap fittings is a complete s*d. First, don't bother putting in the windscreen when they tell you to in the instructions; it will fall out repeatedly as you flex the body to get the interior in. Secondly, cut off the front mounting sockets from the tub and just use the back pair. Finally, what you are trying to do is first, get the  top of the dash into the windscreen aperture; secondly, get the doors into the spaces in the side wall of the tub, and thirdly make sure the rear shelf in the tub is inside the back window. With the body and tub upside-down,  I'd bring the tub in from the front (into the tapering body), backwards and angled into and downwards towards the back,  flexing the body sides outwards to get the doors in place and making sure the rear end sits inside the window, then push the front into the body, with a small screwdriver or similar to ease the top of the dash into the window space (it should be  be a millimeter or so above the body edge, and the gap is hidden by the windscreen frame). Then, wiggle it forwards a bit to get the rear mountings into the right place.The tub will snick into place quite firmly without the socket/pillar arrangement coming into play, and the chassis/floor will keep it there. Finally, after a quick clean of the insides of all the windows in case bits of paint have been knocked off during the (quite aggressive) snapping process, you can put the front window in.

best,

M.

• Like 9

Firstly, you made an excellent replica out of a Revell kit - a huge feat of craftsmanship.  :phew:  Your detailed explanation of construction will be a huge help to future builders.

Secondly, you are the first member of this forum to have five hands to accomplish that. :D

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was bought one for Christmas, nice kit, you have done a fantastic job of it. 

Here is a picture of the one I am restoring atm, it's just been painted (I'm the metalworker) i had to fabricate and replace most of the metal from the windows down!!!

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Codger said:

Superb work, metal and paint.

Thank you, we do try.

17 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

You must be a master of the English Wheel.... looks fantastic!

I don't know about master, every day is a school day as they say :) just finished a 356t5 (?) Roadster as well! And a Stratos! Just about to start a DB4 too, it's all fun... but I can't keep the real ones in my display cabinet lol :)

Cheers (sorry for all the links)

Cheers,

Andy.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Time to dig out that Monogram DB4 and some Autumn Gold paint... even if the original never came in that colour, it looks amazing!

best,

M.

Yeah I think it looks cool, 50 shades of gold, even bits of the interior and glass have gold overspray, the car is pretty tired, but complete. I think it was either cream or burgundy, we have found traces of both,  this will be going a really classy metallic green like the db4 gt (?) And a tan interior i think. We restored one a few years ago and the customer wants a copy of it as that one is not for sale... oh to be rich eh?

Andy.

• Like 1

Matt..

Talented and skilled modeler are you... looks AMAZING so far ..

:wow:

And Andy may I have a ride in your classic car when you're done please.. PRETTY PLEASE...:heart:

IT LOOKS AWESOME and will look GORGEOUS when done...  do you have a work on progress on here please... if Not then we'll I will just have to pop in here to see your work too.

Gentlemen thank you both for sharing your modeling  work... big an small.

HOUSTON

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

And Andy may I have a ride in your classic car when you're done please.. PRETTY PLEASE...:heart:

They don't even let the employees go in them :( although I did get to drive a lambourghi countach up the road and back, twas rubbish! 

Andy.

P.s visits are usually welcome.

• Confused 1

Well then Andy  ..don't ask... don't  get..... It will have to be a visit then !

Ah Lamborghini... not really MY cup of Chai...  I quite like the quintessential  English classic cars ...

Where in the World are you based?

Thank you.. :evil_laugh:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Lovely model. Silver suits the car, so good choice of colour. The engine bay really looks better for being rebuilt with scratch built items. Interior looks most realistic. Good paint job.

An earlier poster mentioned that grey primer is too thick. I use Halfords rattle can grey even on small figures without any problems. The trick is spray light coats, allow each to dry off a bit and gradually build up the colour until solid. Should work ok on a model of this size.