AZ Model Bf 109G-6, A post-war Gustav over Finland...

Good  job John,  I agree with Antii on the RLM 74, it has been represented wrongly by many  paints brands and model producers or illustrators...  it is on the grey blue tone  as many relics show and not green!  here some Hungarian pictures wartime and post wartime, keep the good

cheers

10982907-1004019782993380-88795685373182

Screenshot-2018-1-22-mhaldimann2-s-most-

Messerschmitt-Bf-109-G6-RHAF-V8-47-unkno

e1c26a940b3768926f15a33c7a8e0dc9.jpg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109-G6-RHAF-unknown-uni

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hello John,

your "Nordic Gustav" looks very nice. For my eye the colours are just perfect. I'm glad that you chose an aircraft carrying the short lived Night Fighter Flight (yöhävittäjälentue) emblem.

A couple of years ago Airfix released a 1/72 scale Me-109 G with Finnish markings complete with the Night Fighter Flight emblem and a striking shark mouth decoration. That aircraft was flown by sergeant Börje Hjelm at Utti AB. Mr Hjelm later became the founder of IPMS Finland and he was also very active to found the Finnish Aviation Museum at Vantaa. I think Airfix made an excellent job to chose that paint scheme.

Antonio posted two more great photos shot by Matti Wikman at Utti AB. At that time those aircraft were really well weathered.

Looking forward to see your Saint-Exupery's Lightning. A fascinating subject.

Cheers,

Antti