sparmax gp35, gp50, gp70

JohnTA

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a pistol grip airbrush having tried various options at SMW. I see that for the Sparmax ones there are GP50 to GP35 and GP35 to GP50 conversion kits. Is it also possible to convert to GP70 from 50. I suppose what i'm asking is can you buy one in the range and the get parts to convert it to any of the various nozzle sizes.

John

10 hours ago, Robbyrockett said:

Yes you can, and the nozzle plate for the gp-70 and gp-50 are the same.

You need the 0.7mm nozzle cap, Needle and Nozzle & possibly the large side feed paint bottle depending on the area you were painting.

We've  sold a few GP-70, or area work people often buy the GP-825 with it's fan pattern spray pattern large top fed cup it's ideal for large area painting. 

I'm currently using the Sparmax GP-70 brush. You can spray larger areas with it, but it can also spray small areas as well. Suppose it depends what you're going to be spraying with it? I mainly build 1/24, 1/20 and 1/12 cars and bikes and it handles all of those scales pretty well..

On 11/22/2018 at 4:31 PM, JohnTA said:

Thanks for the info. I'm curious what is classed as large area? 

Anything you could use something with about a 50-60mm fan pattern to lay down a base color.

Maybe something from roughly 1/10 scale cars on up to 1/4 scale if you were really pushing it.

Edited by Robbyrockett

I've acquired a GP35 from the "bay" and I am looking forward to trying it out at the weekend . First impression good, seems more comfortable than my MAX 3 to hold and use. It needs a good clean.Came without box liner though, shame, will have to try and cobble one together.