I-16 fly-by Academy 1:48

This tiny mosca was subject to a bench of new techniques (for me): salt, hair spray and others, not to mention the an attempt at prop blur.

The field and road are made from an old broom head, plaster and chalk.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_0837-K300_zpsbi0pft0m.jpg

DSC_0845-K300_zpszmnfguje.jpg

DSC_0836-K300_zpsbdbm2h5b.jpg

DSC_0829-K300_zpsbrz9dqo7.jpg

DSC_0830-K300_zpsqxnd38uc.jpg

DSC_0844-K300_zpslbpx0y34.jpg

Thanks again! CF.

• Like 20

• Cellarfrog changed the title to I-16 fly-by Academy 1:48
20 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Brilliant...  The broom head is a stroke of genius...   Prop also looks great...

Ah the jury is still out about prop blur.. I myself cannot decide how it should look (like a long exposure photo or a short exposure photo, or like we really see it?, thanks again.

Beautiful work and idea 👍 ... Quick idea for next time though. Drill a hole in the wing tip and a corresponding hole at an angle in the base. That way the support is almost invisible. It would just be a fraction between the reeds/wheat & the wingtip. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 8:04 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful work and idea 👍 ... Quick idea for next time though. Drill a hole in the wing tip and a corresponding hole at an angle in the base. That way the support is almost invisible. It would just be a fraction between the reeds/wheat & the wingtip. 

Thanks for the idea, indeed it would likely have been almost invisible. Having never mounted a model in this way I was concerned about the torque on the end of the wing, and the relatively small thickness of plastic there to hold it. I had visions of it holding for a night and slowly sagging in the days to come, all feedback more than welcome in this game.

Thanks again!

• Like 1