Supermarine Walrus MkII, 'Darby', HMS Victorious

85sqn

That's an absolute beauty.  A superb paint finish and I really like the semi-converted roundel detail.  Great rigging work too.  I learnt something new as well as Midhurst is a part of the World I know well but I had absolutely no idea there was ever a RNAS there.  The nearest one I knew of was Ford.  One can but hope that Airfix will see the light and downscale this kit to 1/72!

• Like 1

You`ve done a superb job Nick,...... a very worthy subject too,..... well researched and expertly accomplished,....... I take my hat off to you!

I finished painting and decalling my own Walrus a year or so ago but cannot bring myself to rig it yet,.... I did it in a silver scheme from the original boxing and Airfix have since re released another boxing with decals for the subject that I`m doing!!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 85sqn said:

Thanks Tony! Ah always the way eh!? I look forward to seeing yours. Airfix made a lovely kit with this one.

No worries mate,.... credit where credit is due,........ I agree,.... it is a lovely kit,..... amazing detail. Mind you they don`t supply the maps and a book to read,......now that is detail lol!

What a lovely build and a great story to boot. 

I was lucky enough to meet John Moffat several times - he was a friend of a friend. A larger than life character even late in life!

Edge

• Like 1