Panther tank books

Starfighter

Hi everyone,

Well, I took the plunge and have ordered the new Trumpeter 1/16 scale Panther G, which will keep me busy for quite a while, but I'm after some advice. Can any of you chaps recommend a good book on the Panther, preferably with colour schemes and other details ?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.    :cheers:

I bought a reprint book when Takoms panther tanks were still pre-release. I got the book from here (https://feistbooks.com/shop/books/panzerkampfwagen-panther/) the book is sold out, sadly, but it should at least allow for you to see the name and title and try and find one off of eBay, or Amazon or where ever. But my 1/16 Panther arrived this past Friday, and from a quick look at the instructions, it seems as Trumpeter has improved upon their design and 'SHOULDN'T' need too much work like their previous 1/16 kits. 

Mark

5 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Can any of you chaps recommend a good book on the Panther, preferably with colour schemes and other details ?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.    :cheers:

here's one that doesn't get mentioned a lot. Tells the story of the Panther battalion of the 9th. Pz. Div. Fantastic book, I can only imagine that it is the French text that means no-one has ever heard of it. I told Osprey author Robert Forczyk about it and he exploited parts of it quite nicely in his "Panther vs T-34. Ukraine 1943" Duel title. Usually goes for anything up to 300 euros on certain auction sites but the author has just reprinted it and is now selling it at sensible prices on his own site. (25 euros for 256 pages, 280 photos)

http://www.didier-lodieu.fr/boutique/

panther.jpg

panther1.jpg

pantheKursk4.jpg

panther2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Having gone through the instruction book for my Trumpeter 1/16 Panther, which arrived yesterday I've found some of the colour call outs a bit vague, so what I would really like is a book with some good detail photos or drawings of the interior, so once again any suggestions would be most helpful.

Apart from that the kit is VERY well detailed, and the box is huge !   :cheers:  

20 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Having gone through the instruction book for my Trumpeter 1/16 Panther, which arrived yesterday I've found some of the colour call outs a bit vague, so what I would really like is a book with some good detail photos or drawings of the interior, so once again any suggestions would be most helpful.

Apart from that the kit is VERY well detailed, and the box is huge !   :cheers:  

Do a build report. A 'S A P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...