Henschel Hs-129 B-2 - Italeri - 1/72

Marco

Hi everyone!

I finished ths Henschel Hs-129 

This is the Italeri 1/72 kit OOB except for the Eduard PE cockpit (which is completely hidden).

hs-2.jpg?w=736

hs8.jpg?w=736

hs-1.jpg?w=736

hs-5.jpg?w=736

I used Gunze Mr. Hobby paints and the swastikas came from an Extradecal sheet (the kit has none).

Hope you like it!

Marco

• Like 35

Hi Marco,

it is a very convincing Hs 129, beautifully painted. The little flag on the antenna  mast I believe should be white from some photos I remember seeing a while back.

I agree with you, as much as the Italeri cockpit can do with PE/resin improvement, not much remains visible with such an armored canopy!!!

So congrats for a job superbly done.

JR

• Like 1

A very attractive aircraft, in my opinion!

You've done a very good job on construction & camoflage.

I have the very same kit, picked for cheap from the second-hand-box of my hobby shop, awaiting its turn.

Yours is a good inspiration!

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Marco,

it is a very convincing Hs 129, beautifully painted. The little flag on the antenna  mast I believe should be white from some photos I remember seeing a while back.

I agree with you, as much as the Italeri cockpit can do with PE/resin improvement, not much remains visible with such an armored canopy!!!

So congrats for a job superbly done.

JR

Thank you, Jean!

Nice to know about the flag. My only references were profile drawings (one was brown and the other green).

3 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

A very attractive aircraft, in my opinion!

You've done a very good job on construction & camoflage.

I have the very same kit, picked for cheap from the second-hand-box of my hobby shop, awaiting its turn.

Yours is a good inspiration!

Thanks!

The kit builds nicely but I didn't like the canopy (it doesn't look like the real thing).

On 19/11/2018 at 15:45, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Henschel :clap:

On 19/11/2018 at 21:57, ArmouredSprue said:

Fantastic build Marco.

The paint work and weathering is just spot on.

Very well done mate!

Cheers

Paulo

On 20/11/2018 at 07:50, Mig88 said:

Lovely!! Very nicely finished!! I really like desert/tropical schemes and it looks great!!

21 hours ago, F-32 said:

Love it, great work

Thank you, guys!

Very well painted. I have just done my Zero with a similar scheme, so know how hard it is to do those blotches and keep them even. You have done a better job than me. They look very even in intensity which is the hard thing to achieve.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Superb finish, Marco. Well done.

Thank you!

18 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Very well painted. I have just done my Zero with a similar scheme, so know how hard it is to do those blotches and keep them even. You have done a better job than me. They look very even in intensity which is the hard thing to achieve.

Thanks, Greg. 

Keeping them even was the hardest part. I had to stop several times to see if I wasn't straying.