Italeri Stirling

11 hours ago, WhitleyZ6743 said:

Extremely nice Mark! You're giving me the motivation to start mine! Did you use the decals from the Xtradecal Bomber Command set?

Thank you! I used the markings on the Print Scale sheet, 72-145.  My first time using its decals and, although I have read about some people having problems with them, I found them quite easy to work with and they laid down nicely.

Cheers,

Mark

6 hours ago, dogsbody said:

We were discussing this over on The Flying Boat forum ( http://theflyingboatforum.forumlaunch.net/index.php ). It seems that not everyone using PB is so effected. None of my PB images have the logo on them.

Chris

This is my first time using Photobucket that those watermark logos have been present.   I stopped used PB once they started charging an outrageous amount for its services and only now tried using PB since it was again "free."  However, I noticed that PB is now asking me to pay for a monthly fee, of which I opted out.  Could it be that those people who are paying this fee don't have the PB's logo on their images? 

I have been using Imgur but wasn't sure how to post images from it on this forum.  I didn't see a "test forum" so was hesitant to make a fool of myself over and over again trying to figure it out here; once a fool is usually enough for me!

My heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all the kind comments from everyone!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Thank you! I used the markings on the Print Scale sheet, 72-145.  My first time using its decals and, although I have read about some people having problems with them, I found them quite easy to work with and they laid down nicely.

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you, I might need to get myself that decal sheet now 😄

13 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

This is my first time using Photobucket that those watermark logos have been present.   I stopped used PB once they started charging an outrageous amount for its services and only now tried using PB since it was again "free."  However, I noticed that PB is now asking me to pay for a monthly fee, of which I opted out.  Could it be that those people who are paying this fee don't have the PB's logo on their images? 

I have been using Imgur but wasn't sure how to post images from it on this forum.  I didn't see a "test forum" so was hesitant to make a fool of myself over and over again trying to figure it out here; once a fool is usually enough for me!

My heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all the kind comments from everyone!

Cheers,

Mark

In March, 2017, I opted to pay $14.99 US for an ad-free PB account. After over a dozen years of use, the ads on PB were just too much. Then in July, they started their lunacy with the expensive account option. My pictures were still usable as I still had my paid-for account, but I did switch over to Flickr. I also downloaded all my PB images back onto my computer. When my ad-free expired, I couldn't renew it as there was no option for that, so I just left it.

Since PB have gone back to free accounts, I have added a couple of images, just to test it out. None of the ones I have test-posted, both old and new, have that logo on them.

'Tis a mystery.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 3:42 AM, Mark Joyce said:

I have been using Imgur but wasn't sure how to post images from it on this forum.  I didn't see a "test forum" so was hesitant to make a fool of myself over and over again trying to figure it out here; once a fool is usually enough for me

There's a short guide on how to use Imgur here

That's a fantastic build, very nice indeed.

12 hours ago, UKguyInUSA said:

Beautiful job, Mark, she's a cracker! :) 👍👍

Thanks Martin!

10 hours ago, 12jaguar said:

As a builder of a 1:1 scale Stirling, I must say your rendition is an absolute cracker

great job

John

Thanks John! I enjoy the Stirling website and its newsletters, and getting such a compliment from you means a lot.

9 hours ago, CMSCHLOM said:

Its a beauty!  How is the fit of its parts?

Thanks! Overall the fit is quite good.  I decided to model mine with the fuselage and wing bomb bay doors closed in order to avoid building and painting all the bombs, and found the fit of the the bay doors less than desirable.  A more capable modeler would have done a better job with the kit parts, or used some sheet styrene to scratch- build his own.

3 hours ago, Gav G said:

There's a short guide on how to use Imgur here

That's a fantastic build, very nice indeed.

Thanks for the nice compliment and the tutorial on Imgur. I'll give it a whirl next time I post photos!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 3:24 AM, Spitfire31 said:

Incidentally, the first photo also shows the Stirling's Achilles heel. The lack of a ventral gun turret made it a sitting duck for a night fighter equipped with 'schräge Musik'…

Joachim

A problem shared by most RAF heavy bombers. The Stirling's real problem was that it could barely get up to 12,000 feet with a full load, so was more vulnerable to flak and fighters. And most had been withdrawn from Main Force operations by the time Schrage Musik was in widespread use. 

Superb model Mark. A very crisp paint job!