Italeri Stirling

Hi all,

This is the first build that I've posted on these forums.  It took nearly two years to complete; I only know this because of the dates I posted questions here regarding the Stirling generally and this kit specifically, all of which were very patiently and completely answered.  I obtained much of my inspiration in completing this model from the others that were posted here, specifically general merchett's who utilized the same markings.  Just don't compare his outstanding build to mine!  That being said, although there are a number of things that I wish in hindsight I had done differently or improved upon, all-in-all I'm happy with how mine turned out, especially that it's actually finished!

Thanks for looking, and any comments or constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Italeri%20Stirling%206_zpstikzhax5.jpg

Italeri%20Stirling%203_zpsvjpexzll.jpg

Italeri%20Stirling%205_zpsosh4knxu.jpg

Italeri%20Stirling%204_zpsyy63fsaj.jpg

Italeri%20Stirling%201_zpszvxigkkj.jpg

Italeri%20Stirling%209_zpswked0oqx.jpg

Italeri%20Stirling%2012_zpsqme4cwvg.jpg

• Like 53

Magnificent Stirling! The subtle weathering looks just right, to my eyes, to give a sense of life to the machine.

Incidentally, the first photo also shows the Stirling's Achilles heel. The lack of a ventral gun turret made it a sitting duck for a night fighter equipped with 'schräge Musik'…

Great modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Superb, Mark. Great paintwork, but I have to agree with @Gorby the rather large Photobucket emblem is a distraction. Does that happen as a matter of course with PB now?

We were discussing this over on The Flying Boat forum ( http://theflyingboatforum.forumlaunch.net/index.php ). It seems that not everyone using PB is so effected. None of my PB images have the logo on them.

Chris

16 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

You have done a nice job with it. It's not perfect but actually quite a nice kit. i had a lot of fun with mine

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977042-italeri-stirling/

and i think you have done just as good work on o\yours. well done.

Thank you, Ed.  Your build was one that I had looked at while researching mine.  A fabulous job on yours, and it's obvious you put much more effort into your work than I did on mine.  I agree; it's a nice kit and most of its imperfections that I learned about on these forums I ultimately chose not to correct or deal with, either due to time constraints or, more likely, my inability to deal with them.

Cheers,

Mark