ETPS Pilatus PC-21

3DBlitz kit of the Pilatus PC-21 in the new colour scheme of the Empire Test Pilots School (ETPS) based at Boscombe Down. The kit is very nicely engineered and fits together well with only a bit of filler needed. It's finished with homemade decals and Xtracolour Oxford Blue and Signal Red over Halfords Appliance White.

resized_00bad49d-0dea-4471-a1ef-46e7dfdd
resized_713d5457-90e9-459e-a998-45694b13
resized_ee6f1807-d107-403b-b0aa-b8061d37
resized_d8c1c60a-ee8c-4bf5-b3eb-97fe463e
resized_c26e0a51-cfe7-46e9-8faf-e5cf57cb

Scratchbuilt pitot with yaw/pitch vanes
resized_6990c791-5baf-4051-853d-7f23efb3
resized_7c7447a5-4c41-4c10-ab9c-e5ff1044
resized_27cd063a-389f-468e-b47d-084f3e2f

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

never even knew this existed!. Guess that’s the end of the Tucanos’ then. I’ll keep an eye out from now on. The Gazelles are ending at the end of the Rotary course, being changed for AS350’s, times are changing.

Steve.

Thanks guys

On 18/11/2018 at 20:01, Unfinished project said:

Stunning attention to detail, the pitot with the yaw/pitch vanes is superb 👍

Thanks, it took a couple of attempts and was very fiddly

On 18/11/2018 at 20:59, WildeSau75 said:

Lovely build. Have the kit in my stash too and gone build it as a Swiss Air Force version, Glad to hear the kit is okay.

Cheers,

Michael

It is a lovely kit and goes together really well. No problems with it at all, I hope you enjoy building yours.

On 18/11/2018 at 21:52, speedy said:

Hi Steve,

never even knew this existed!. Guess that’s the end of the Tucanos’ then. I’ll keep an eye out from now on. The Gazelles are ending at the end of the Rotary course, being changed for AS350’s, times are changing.

Steve.

I'd have thought you'd have known about these long before anybody else! I'm working on a BAe 146 and have got an AS350 and Grob 120 to do in ETPS markings. 

On 18/11/2018 at 23:24, keefr22 said:

Cracking job, really nice finish!

Can't get used to seeing ETPS machines with civil registrations on them though, just doesn't look right....:fraidnot:

Keith

I was just getting used to the QQ serial numbers and they change again, I suppose it's because they are using purely civil types and make a lot of paperwork easier. 

Steve

1 hour ago, BritJet said:

Thanks guys

Thanks, it took a couple of attempts and was very fiddly

It is a lovely kit and goes together really well. No problems with it at all, I hope you enjoy building yours.

I'd have thought you'd have known about these long before anybody else! I'm working on a BAe 146 and have got an AS350 and Grob 120 to do in ETPS markings. 

I was just getting used to the QQ serial numbers and they change again, I suppose it's because they are using purely civil types and make a lot of paperwork easier. 

Steve

Thanks Steve - looking forward to building it. Do you know of any other models of 3D Blitz? Stepped into the kit during one of my LHS visits - never heard of this brand before...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Yes, I do the decal artwork in CorelDraw as vectors. The white parts are printed on a laser printer and the colours on an inkjet.

Steve

On 11/21/2018 at 8:21 PM, BritJet said:

Apparently because they are increasingly offering commercial civil courses and places. 

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=287&t=158944