CMC Leopard - 1st prototype

Amodel kit of the CMC Leopard with homemade vacform canopy as the kit one had a flaw in it that I couldn't remove and homemade decals as the kit ones are for a scheme the aircraft never flew in. Nice kit but very fiddly due to the small size.

resized_68acd645-3a87-4e52-af95-b41761d2
resized_9e1a2a16-b2be-4bd6-b639-4e41b0a9
resized_96cdea42-c7c5-42bf-af76-e0f37aa6
resized_a4d26de5-e1fd-47bb-a08b-08b27262
resized_d404332c-95af-4ffb-8fe3-becaf645
resized_1f30d870-80e2-4f7a-9e4e-359463d2
resized_c4e0e77e-21e5-4ab6-b577-c2fabdbb

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 7

Another one I'd never even heard of, until an enterprising modeller comes to the rescue!

I had to Google the Chichester-Miles Consultants Leopard and found that the project was apparently a cul-de-sac, with difficulties acquiring suitable engines among other troublesome factors.

The huge canopy that covered the whole crew and passenger apartment was forward hinged – should be an interesting challenge for the next build? 😉

CHICHESTER MILES LEOPARD G-BRNM 1996 FARNBOROUGH UK

Nice model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks guys.

Definitely not going to be well known by most people but fits in perfectly with my British jets collection. 

Yes, all sorts of problems with suitable engines and I think a misunderstanding of the biz-jet market where being noticed in something big and flashy is important. Slipping into an airport in something the size of a family car isn't going to appeal to most people with enough money to splash out on a biz-jet.

My original intention was to have the canopy open on one of them but when I had to replace the canopy, I didn't think the vacform one would have a large enough contact area to keep it in the right place. Shame as I put as much detail into the cockpits as I could - typical!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...