A couple of 1/48 scale WW1 aircraft

Afternoon all -

Just posting some pictures of a couple of models I completed earlier this year.  I've only now decided to post these up as I originally did not consider them my best work and I had lost a bit of my mojo which only now starting to return.

These are the Eduard Sopwith Camel (weekend Edition) with some decals used from a previous build:

6r0mIor.jpg

jlZJTOT.jpg

rqu0fLI.jpg

scesMJM.jpg

Roden Fokker DVII

4Gu3Odd.jpg

Ro5Vz0X.jpg

RUEm4z1.jpg

SoodiWd.jpg

Both together

RwcRZAQ.jpg

I really am going through a clumsy phase at present - as soon as I finished taking these pictures, I manage to drop the DVII smashing it to bits ............   Annoyed I am!

Appreciate any constructive comments

Regards

Dave

• Like 15
  • Sad 5

A brilliant couple! I hope you will repair the D.VII. It happened to me, too, and I always break the most difficult parts. I think I'm the clumsiness in person...

• Thanks 1

Beautiful work but sorry to hear the Fokker had a major mishap. Is it salvageable?

I have the 1/72 version of the Roden D.VII but I'm slightly apprehensive of it as I've heard it's an absolutely blighter to put together.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all kindly, gentleman.

Unfortunately, the model broke beyond being salvageable.  In any case, I'm not got with diorama work anyway ..........

12 hours ago, Smithy said:

Beautiful work but sorry to hear the Fokker had a major mishap. Is it salvageable?

I have the 1/72 version of the Roden D.VII but I'm slightly apprehensive of it as I've heard it's an absolutely blighter to put together.

Hello Smithy,

It can be a bit tricky (I have built the roden dvii in this scale) but is certainly not impossible.  The major problem is that the lower wing does not fit with the fuselage.   I overcame this by cutting lower wing in half the using a section of plastic to fill the gap then filler to tidy it all up.

This little kit looks good when complete.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1