Patrouille Suisse F-5E - FINISHED

nimrod54

I have managed to find the original thread that I had started for this build over in the WIP section, and I am ashamed to say that this has been sitting around the bench since October 2016. During that time it has suffered some minor damage - losing the tail from one of the wingtip launch rails, so that will need a bit of repair work.

Here's a link to the build progress I had made.

This is how things have stood over the past two years.

30997951377_3114a34c3b_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

I made a bit of a restart last night by painting the undercarriage bays, inner areas of the doors, legs and wheels.

30997950257_9f18a4e2d6_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

This shouldn't take too long to complete, then I can get started on the 1/144 Eurofighter.

• Like 2

I said that this shouldn't take too long, I applied the decals this afternoon and as you can see there are some minor touch ups required, but the large cross on the underside will need extra work. :oops: I should have made some allowance for the bends when I made my masks for this.

45893728212_55296615fb_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

45893729282_9df7db170b_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

img

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 5

After two years of lying around and looking like it has suffered a crash landing, the undercarriage is finally on, I still have to fit the doors. A few more bits to fit along with the doors, like tailplanes, aerials, guns and the canopy parts and this will be done, I did add the pipework for the smoke though, shaped from some wire.

32155904718_db4f2387e9_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

46026635501_8612ec3c08_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

It's been a while since I did some work on a 1/144 model (the most recent finish was in 1/48 scale) and it's odd looking at the above photos and realising that the on screen images are larger than the parts that you are working with. :)

• Like 4

Some more progress made earlier today, with the aerials, forward canopy, guns and pitot, the latter two items made from Albion Alloys tubing and rod - so that I don't disappoint @Hockeyboy76. :winkgrin:

45317784754_2efd4d1896_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr 

I have also repaired the wingtip launch rail, I just need to tidy up the last few bits and paint the new items that I've added. I had hoped to wrap this build up today, but I think that SWMBO has other plans for the use of my time, I'll see what I can get done later this evening.

31103104137_fb10192189_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

O.K. chaps and chapesses, I'm calling this one finished. I managed to paint up most of the new details last night and then completed the canopies this morning. The nose was painted using a custom mix of Base White from the Citadel paint range, with a touch of Revel Beige added into it.

46059187241_0d34aa7de4_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr 

46059186141_b790ed0000_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

44243185970_aca55a94b4_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

I'll get some photos sorted for the gallery shortly.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:22, Grandboof said:

Nice one John Very colourful 

Martin H

Thanks Martin. It's sitting in the cabinet alongside another colourful bird that I made a short while ago, a 1/72 Turkish Stars F-5F.

• 3 weeks later...