Fresh start - Fujimi Nissan Silvia H.T.RS

Nice colour... Covering the wet body with a box or something does help to keep the dust to a minimum... Still, there's always a couple of particles right there, staring you in the face

• Like 1

4 coats of Gavity Colors 2K clear applied at approx 30 psi. I am incredibly impressed with how this clear goes down. A light mist coat first, then progressively heavier coats with the last coat being checked constantly in the light for orange peel.

Absolutely no orange peel at all. Glass smooth with an incredible shine straight from the airbrush. The photos simply do not do it Justice.

y4eYuQ.jpg

q2NIi9.jpg

HoqbXw.jpg

l5aanT.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rjfk2002 said:

That is an incredible paint job - very impressive! How long did you wait between applying coats?

Rich

Thanks Rich,

For my very first attempt at gloss coating I am very happy 😊. I waited around 5-7 minutes between coats and 10 mins prior to the final coat which was thinned ever so slightly more than the other coats. 

I powered on this arvo and did a bit of hand painting of the chassis and interior.

First up is the underbody which I picked out with Mr Metal Silver. Once you paint it you then buff it with a cotton bud and it gives it a realistic metal look.

TEFz0b.jpg

The centre console and dash are finished also. Looking at reference pics most of the switches and buttons are in the same colour as the dash so I've left most of it like that except for the heating and ventilation switches. The dash decals broke apart without me even touching them after applying Microsol. Must have been too old which is a shame but honestly, once buttoned up you can't see it.

nqswr3.jpg

A quick test fit. I'm pretty with the way it looks. Steering wheel not on at this stage.

4CzmRH.jpg

BE6OJM.jpg

Thanks for following guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Black body bumpers painted with Stynylrez but the rear was a disaster. When removing the tape the edges of the primer came off with it. The other parts were ok so maybe it just wasn't dry enough or I applied too thick. I scraped it all off the rear and will try again tomorrow.

Hmmmm

ES8NJZ.jpg

bzOkB9.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took nearly 2 hours to do. I'm still undecided whether to paint all black or to paint chrome for the trim and then add black rubber surrounds by hand. The box shows black but photos online show chrome trim (which will be very difficult to reproduce.)

Edit: Hmm some were all black so that is much easier!

nissan_silvia_1982_photos_1.jpg

Edited by Homerlovesbeer

12 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Good result! Is the rear bumper getting a coat of black as well?

I too was wondering about the rear bumper

Great looking body shell looking forward to seeing this completed now

Roger

• Thanks 1

I should be finished this tomorrow. I tried putting the side decals on tonight which are optional for the black door strips however the decals were simply too old and fell apart with microsol which is a shame.

Still finding parts fit poorly and need sanding down to fit such as headlights and tail lights. Also the door cards do not appear to line up properly to fit either. Simply put, the fit of this kit is not great.

Cheers guys, thanks for watching.

That looks very good now with the black rubber/plastic sprayed on.

I'm pleasantly surprised (surprised isn't quite the right word, but I can't think of a better word offhand) to see how well it's gone with the plastic acting as the mask for large areas - I've tended to avoid using plastic for this (and used cooking foil instead) as I always had a concern that the paint might react with or get through a plastic covering, but it seems I've been a bit overcautious in that respect.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

My Silvia is going to be de-badged as the decals simply fall apart when I try to apply them. I'm nearly finished with wipers, mirrors and 1 or 2 other things to finish off.

Sneak pics of the nearly finished product. I hope you guys enjoy.

HIXU0b.jpg

WjVQyS.jpg

zQaBXB.jpg

• Like 1