1:48 Zvezda La-5

My latest build is Zvezda's La-5. Its a pretty good kid, but was a little tricky to build. The figure was stolen from the much nicer Zvezda Yak-3. I tried out some new techniques in painting and weathering. Base paints are Mr. Color, with mottling achieved by means of a black base coat, and white squiggles painted under the camouflage coats. Additional weathering included oil dot filters, sprays of unthinned tamiya paint to simulate mud. 

I will be posting a full build review at Scale Modeling Haven Blog within a few days. Additional pictures will be there as well. 

IMG_20181117_180030029-XL.jpg

IMG_20181117_180133887-XL.jpg

IMG_20181117_180225169-XL.jpg

IMG_20181117_180246790-XL.jpg

IMG_20181117_180334223-XL.jpg

• Like 24

Oh, now that is simply beautiful! I am halfway through this same kit and it is a gem. I love how you weathered it! especially the worn section on top of the wing. Some of the best I've seen. Are you going to do the La-5FN? I hope so! Thank you for sharing!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nachtwulf said:

Oh, now that is simply beautiful! I am halfway through this same kit and it is a gem. I love how you weathered it! especially the worn section on top of the wing. Some of the best I've seen. Are you going to do the La-5FN? I hope so! Thank you for sharing!

I didn't know Zvezda had a 5FN.

The Yak-3 will be the next Russian on deck, but I've got some biplanes to get through next :)

Beautifully done and like some above - love the pilot figure.

Just one thing spoils the model for me and that is the overscale aerial wires though this may be in part due to the lighting.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Beautifully done and like some above - love the pilot figure.

Just one thing spoils the model for me and that is the overscale aerial wires though this may be in part due to the lighting.

The lighting certainly doesn't help, but the wires are on the large side. I'll probably replace them with something finer.