Spitfire T.9 - FINISHED

Deanflyer

15 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Lovely work on the T9. I wish I could build at your rate, might stand some chance of getting through my stash.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart...as for the build rate, I started this one about a week before I first posted, as I needed permission from my client before I did. The first post just brought the progress up to date. I've also recently retired, which gives me a lot more time to devote to things like this! 🙂

Having said that, this will be the fifth build I've completed in three months, which is more than I've managed in the past couple of years, so maybe I've got a chance of getting through MY stash now, too.

Anyway, radiators are on, panel line wash is on, matt coat is half on, photos later when it's touchable...

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1

Right, this is how it stands at the moment:

spit13_zpssqkfpkxf.jpg

spit14_zpspm1tohzs.jpg

spit15_zpsmfwezwzq.jpg

Not much else to do now, apart from undercarriage, prop and unmasking. 🙂

Cheers,

Dean

Edited by Deanflyer
  • Like 7

Right...it's finished. I'll do some decent photography when I get some light, but for now, here's a couple of quick pics. 

spit16_zpsh4ovuhn5.jpg

spit17_zpsjq7ctsxr.jpg

spit18_zps3ldtepsj.jpg

spit19_zpsgeylckmw.jpg

Finished pics here:

Thanks for watching,

Dean

Edited by Deanflyer
  • Like 15

• 1 year later...

thats a great looking model! i flew in elizabeth a couple of years ago and had the time of my life. I would like to make a model to commemorate that fantastic day and was wondering if you would be able or willing to make a set of the decals for me or if you had any information on where to learn from please?