This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tzulscha

'Tis the Season...to Grump

On 11/22/2018 at 5:20 AM, Beardie said:

As to Black Friday, utter utter garbage. I have never been to and never will go to a Black Friday Sale or celebrate Thanksgiving.

But what would you say to a WnW's kit at 50% discount?

(if this did ever genuinely happen!)

I would say "Hello, do you want to come home with me?" Do you have thanksgiving and Black Friday traditions in your neck of the woods?

On the plus side, last night my tv gave me an electric shock and the screen dissolved into a kaleidoscope of colour. Grump out of the way before going for a replacement tomorrow.

Grump part 2. My living room can only handle a small screen, why does a 32" screen cost as much as a 4 0" ultra hd?

:humbug:

Edited by Ratch
Wrong thread

51 minutes ago, hovis said:

Black Friday? Whatever happened to the January Sales...?

Patience, Grasshopper ...

On 11/22/2018 at 1:06 PM, Beardie said:

I would say "Hello, do you want to come home with me?" Do you have thanksgiving and Black Friday traditions in your neck of the woods?

:D I suspected you'd be accepting a discount on a WnW's kit!

Luckily we don't do the thanksgiving malarkey, but the "Corporate greed Friday" has arrived here. I looked at a couple of items and decided that they were not in fact a real bargain. Boxing Day sales seem to be the better option, so I have doubled my money!*

* Folded it in half and put it back into my wallet.

3 minutes ago, hairystick said:

... the "Corporate greed Friday" has arrived here.

Isn't that every Friday?

Well I have to say I have looked around at things I might be interested in on this here internet and nothing I would be interested in is available at any bargain prices even if I had the spare money so another awesome Black Friday passes without separating me from a penny of my money.

On 18/11/2018 at 17:04, Gorby said:

Talking of 'in-laws' (and if we weren’t, I'm going to) my brother-in-law turned up at the door this morning. I have five brother-in-laws and this one is by far my least favourite, unfortunately he lives about 200 yards away and often comes around to give us the benefit of his idiocy. He is a walking, talking Daily Fail editorial who, if he were to study diligently and tries hard to make an extra special effort, could work his way up to being a half-wit. When I saw him, I realised what a medieval villager must have felt at the arrival of the black death, even Hare Krishna would tell him to “:swear: off we're full”.

Mrs Gorby was getting ready to go out and I was getting ready to enjoy Mrs Gorby going out, the prospect of an afternoon of solitary bliss.

“I'm just about to go out she says”.

“That's all right, I won't stop” he says as he takes his coat off and makes himself comfortable on the sofa. He is aware that other people can speak, but deals with it as an annoying background noise that means he has to raise his voice to drown it out. His skin would make rhino hide feel like finest silk.

I do anything I can (other than using an angry mob) to avoid spend any time with him, as countering his bigotry is like arguing politics with a parrot, you'll win, but it's not something to take pride in, and the parrot won't have understood a single word you've said. I did feel a bit a of a cad leaving Mrs Gorby to deal with it, but I'll get over it….. oh, it looks like I have.

50 minutes it took to get the bugger out.

Moving house is starting to look like the best option – that's since Mrs Gorby told me that murder was out of the question…

….or at least a last resort.

I could be wrong, but I get a distinct feeling that you're not overly fond of him.

Sorry I'm late with this, but I've only just arrived back home in the land of the Fuel Protester.

John.

On 20/11/2018 at 15:03, PhoenixII said:

@Gorby anyone ever tell you, yer as mad as a box of Frogs!

Oi! Leave my neighbours out of this.

On 21/11/2018 at 10:50, Gorby said:

Perhaps these two are linked?

Are you sure it's tinnitus? It might just be their 'Zeit' album.

Oh how right you are. I only ever listened to it once................and now I've got tinnitus.....really!

On 21/11/2018 at 22:18, hovis said:

Followed the next day, on the news this time a reporter, talking about the feeling at Number 10 concerning Brexit or something, that "feelings have been pumped up to ten."  Sorry, what?  Do you mean tensions have risen to a high level?  Concerns have been greatly raised?  What the actual eff does pumped up to ten mean, and why is a major news network employing these people as reporters??

You should hear the one on BBC Look East. I believe his name is Robby West. He's no youngster, but he talks as though he "finks" he is. Close your eyes and you'd think that you were tuned in to East Enders (heaven forbid!)

John.

On 22/11/2018 at 06:44, MAD STEVE said:

Who in their right mind would queue from disgusting o clock to rush into the shop, to then have a fight with 50 other people over a TV?

The same sub 25's who spend their Christmas day, camping out on the pavement, so that they'll be he first in the shop for the Boxing Day sales.

John.

3 minutes ago, Beardie said:

sub 25, is that the IQ?

Yep! Official classification for a congenital idiot!

Edited by Bullbasket

7 hours ago, Beardie said:

so another awesome Black Friday passes

Don't worry..according to some retail analyst woman on the telly this morning some stores are having a black friday month.

This bring us back to an earlier grump about language. Friday month??

I was in Glasgow earlier (Vulcan Boys £7 in the Works) and one incident brought home to me just how people lose the plot on this sales carry on.

Large woman, carrying many many bags making her very wide, trying unsucessfully to get through a shop door. She jsut kept charging the door.

I'm quite glad she didn't just burst in as I was waiting to get out and may have become collateral damage.

I really should have filmed it and perhaps it would have gone viral.

I didn't because I was more crabbit than usual and just wanted to get out of the shop and also I have no idea how to do such things.

Worrying thought just cropped up. Is BM 'Social Media'?

Nah, with the Grump and Four word threads I think we can be considered anti-social media.

Not often I say this but I've just watched the news & I feel slightly less homicidal than usual. The reason? footage of police cars ramming scooter thief scumbags, brilliant. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of them have sustained any injury & this tactic will probably only last until one of the scrotes is slotted but in the meantime rock on!

I saw the same thing and thought it's nice to actually see some form of punishment being dished out for once.

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

I saw the same thing and thought it's nice to actually see some form of punishment being dished out for once.

Drat,it actually stopped me from being grumpy I smiled so much.No,its a grump all said and done as I'm grumping about not being grumpy,yay!

5 minutes ago, Alfisti said:

Drat,it actually stopped me from being grumpy I smiled so much.No,its a grump all said and done as I'm grumping about not being grumpy,yay!

There's always a grump, you just have to know where to look.

4 hours ago, Beardie said:

sub 25, is that the IQ?

Look on the bright side, if they had brains they would be dangerous!

Selwyn

5 hours ago, Beardie said:

sub 25, is that the IQ?

Hmm, being a bit generous aren't you Beardie....:whistle: