This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tzulscha

'Tis the Season...to Grump

1 minute ago, Bill.B said:

Taking down of the Union Flag at work to display a ‘rainbow’ flag instead to celebrate inclusion and diversity

Don't worry , you're not alone....they do exactly the same  here in Tenerife, but in public admnistration buildings, such as the City Hall.....wich leads me to think.."Isn't that forbidden? Isn't that illegal?"

Some people have walked the line, in the name of political correctness. It is legally established that the flags have to wave in the next order, from left to right: European Union, Spain, Canary Islands, Tenerife. You can add a fifth flag when, for example, there's a foreign dignitary or they're celebrating any special date. It's quite common here to display a french flag on july, 14th.

Taking down a national flag to show that "rainbow" is surely illegal and reportable, but by doing so you'd become  an intolerant fascist and a retrograde homophobe.

This is the modern world, said Paul Weller.

.Terrible, to say the least.

3 hours ago, Artie said:

by doing so you'd become  an intolerant fascist and a retrograde homophobe.

Hands up if you remember the time when everyone just got on, did their own thing, believed what they wanted to believe in and we all had just a smashing time... :) 

:santa:Mad Steve:santa:

20 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Hands up if you remember the time when everyone just got on, did their own thing, believed what they wanted to believe in and we all had just a smashing time... :) 

When was that then?

It must have been a particularly vivid dream.

21 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

:santa:Mad Steve:santa:

Stop that right now!

I've discovered that I'm a transfinancial.

I'm a rich person in a poor persons body.

By all means fly your rainbow flag. But WITH the national flag, please.

Transfinancial Ha! Me too!

Did anyone catch the reports about the Belgian chap who was trying to get his age turned back twenty years under equality laws as it made it difficult to find suitable women and job opportunities. 

I'm a 70 year old man trapped in a 46 year old man's body!

Whilst I am against all forms of oppression/racism/sexism and any other ism you care to name,I sometimes feel that there is a bit of a bandwagon going on with people creating empires out of what should be serious matters.

As far as life goes I'm in the @MAD STEVE camp..just let's all get on with living. If I can help I will. If I can't I'll try and find somebody who can.

Just before I packed in the training world,the council issued an edict that we were no longer to use the term 'Flip Chart' in case it caused offence to persons of Philippine nationality.

I pointed out that 'Flip Chart' was printed on the front having been printed by the manufacturer.

I was told to remove the front cover.

I thought to myself that that is where my hard earned Council Tax is going.

From personal experience of working with colleagues and clients who were gay/lesbian/trans/mixed race and other nationalities,they too just wanted to get on with their lives and jobs without all the fuss.

6 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

I pointed out that 'Flip Chart' was printed on the front having been printed by the manufacturer.

The word Easels will be next in case it offends artists who don't work in offices...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Very true Scimitar. So many people are now going to extraordinary lengths to avoid the risk of litigation. Funny thing is that some things seem to escape scrutiny.

take for example the little black ram adverts for Volkswagon where the oh so cool little black ram is 'cock o' the walk' until he comes up against the great white Volkswagen beast and has to step aside. While I am sure that Volkswagen had no intention of creating an advert that could be construed as racist I am very surprised that no-one has taken this oversight up as an excuse to sue Volkswagen or, at least, blacken their name in the press.

6 hours ago, Bill.B said:

Taking down of the Union Flag at work to display a ‘rainbow’ flag instead to celebrate inclusion and diversity. 🤬

Woe betide you try pointing out to SJW that by highlighting causes such as above , they're actually creating more division in society...

All you need to know (and then some) on flying the Union Jack

https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/flying-flags-in-the-united-kingdom/british-flag-protocol/#index3

You’re welcome

Trevor Flag-Pole

Well I tried to read and understand all of that,

but I found that towards the end I was flagging.

Vimpel. Who knew?

Ha, now you're all going to look that up. Har har!

There is only one way to fly a flag (or ensign)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiqOgIAW7zliYHBGrtObD

21 hours ago, Scimitar said:

There is only one way to fly a flag (or ensign)

Being a Transfinancial person, I cannot afford that type of flag carrying machine.

I can afford a long stick that goes into the ground though.

However, calling the stick a "stick" may be offensive to the aforementioned so I will be reprimanded and have to call it an "elongated, vertical, plant-based, flag holder".

4 hours ago, Beardie said:

(Edit) - Blacken their name in the press.

Think VW managed that all by themselves 🙂

17 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

Think VW managed that all by themselves 🙂

:hmmm:.........anything to do with Diesel particulates?

2 hours ago, hairystick said:

However, calling the stick a "stick" may be offensive to the aforementioned so I will be reprimanded and have to call it an "elongated, vertical, plant-based, flag holder".

45962096301_aa25159934_o.jpg

14 hours ago, Gorby said:

When was that then?

It must have been a particularly vivid dream.

Ahhhh Gorb's me old fruit :) 

I remember a heady time in the mid to late 90's, I was back in the UK, everyone just got on with everything. There were gay folks, people of different colours and religions and when they all went down to Coventry Market on a Sat'd morning, we were all just people, getting along and doing peopley things. If someone tripped and fell over, you helped them up (not whip out your phone and video it), your social media was your newspapers, magazines or the pub, and if your were offended by something, you usually went home and complained for a few days to the wife,dog,budgie etc and that was basically about it. If you wanted to have a flag up in your own property, you did so, and no one complained (unless it was a Swastika or something) 

Its not gay people, its not any creed, race, colour or religions fault and not even the Philipino's against Flip Charts movement....

Its Social Media.... Therein lies the devil of the offended

:santa::santa::santa::santa: Mad Steve :santa::santa::santa::santa:

25 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Its not gay people, its not any creed, race, colour or religions fault and not even the Philipino's against Flip Charts movement....

Its Social Media.... Therein lies the devil of the offended

You're not wrong, Narelle!

Sadly, the attitude today seems to be "I can say what I like about you, but don't you dare say ANYTHING at all about me, or I'll have you". They tell us it's called "free speech" ...

43 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

:nono:

Final, ultimate, official, very very serious, quite grown-up (well nearly grown-up) written warning. Any more of this 'santa in November' business, I have to use the Islamic curses again.

:angry::angry::angry::angry: Gorby :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Went down the post depot this morning to pick up my latest stash item only to be hit with a ‘handling charge’.

The stash item in question only cost £24.41 (inc. P&P), and import was duty £0.00, excise duty was £0.00, VAT was £4.86 (fair enough), but the Royal Mail International Handling Fee (read rip off fee) was £8!  The total charges of £12.86 are more than 50% of the item cost. What a totally outrageous situation! When I moaned about the charge I was told “of course you could have saved yourself this extra cost by buying your goods in the UK”.

Yes Mr. Postman, I suppose I could, IF the item in question was available in the U.K., but it flamin’ well isn’t!  😡