This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tzulscha

'Tis the Season...to Grump

16 hours ago, hovis said:

I try to keep my shopping local, not international 😉

You're right, you shouldn't have go to Scotland to shop.  🙂 

22 minutes ago, Gorby said:

He is a walking, talking Daily Fail editorial

We all know them,someone i used to work with turns up if and whenever they feel like and don't give a monkeys about what you're trying to do and demand to be heard....I was in the lounge one day when i saw his car pull in,went out locked the back door in hope and made myself scarce...Two minutes later my mobile rings,'it's me where are you i'm outside your house and thought i'd say hello' (i gave up appologised and said i haven't been out so the door was still locked (you can't beat them Gorby).....

'Tis the season for all the jolly shoppers to go into town and look at all the merry things they can buy to give to their seasonal relatives and happy loved ones.

And then go home and buy them off t'interweb because it's cheaper....

Actually, this isn't a seasonal grump. This is an all year long grump.

Do people lose all spatial awareness when shopping? Are they aware that there are other people around when they suddenly stop? or swerve to look at something? or decide to have a chat with someone and block the aisle whilst doing so?

I'm 6ft4 and have long grown used to little people (or average height as they are commonly known) asking me to get things from top shelves (This comment has been phrased to please CedB). But his also means I am easy to spot, so why do people keep getting in my way? or just stopping? or running into me with their trolley of high-saturated fat content food?

I love 24 hour opening! I quite often go shopping at 3am because there are no trolley pushing idiots about.

Ahhh. I feel better now. As you were.

45 minutes ago, noelh said:

You're right, you shouldn't have go to Scotland to shop.

At least (so I heard somewhere) the parking is free.

Here in Lincoln, One of our wonderful councilors was recently on the radio saying that he thought

7 Pounds to park for 4 hours was reasonable. I tend to disagree.

Oh, was that the sound of another High Street shop closing?

14 minutes ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Do people lose all spatial awareness when shopping? Are they aware that there are other people around when they suddenly stop? or swerve to look at something?

You notice they always blame the trolly wheels,i've heard it countless times....I know supermarket trollies have a mind of their own but there's blame and slander...

Edited by Vince1159

Do we have to start on Christmas already - its not even December :humbug:

I was under the impression that this was the official Christmas grump thread.

A Winter whinge with no repercussions. Have I been misled?

If so I would like to complain bitterly and thoroughly.

(I may go blue in the face, I have pills for that).

29 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Do we have to start on Christmas already - its not even December :humbug:

What's this about Christmas? 'Tis always the season to grump.

Half way down page three within 24 hours, this thread isn't long for this life.

Which means the Christmas grump thread has yet to be born – probably in a manger with stars and stuff.

6 minutes ago, Gorby said:

probably in a manger with stars and stuff.

Right. Nobody mention tinsel. Drat! :angry:

7 hours ago, Whofan said:

Oh, it is ...................!

Oh Hell................!

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

There's a food pub on the Southern Outskirts of Lincoln.

They advertise Christmas day Dinner for 59.99.

That's British Pounds.

Twenty quid per course!

Drinks extra.

I do not think so, Garcon.

Sorry Pete, £60.00 per head ain't bad, unless it's the Highway Man?!

Back in the late '80's first hotel / resaurant offering Christmas Day lunch, all in! £95.00

After I'd picked mesen up off floor, asked how many bookings...........not many says I............

Group finance manager says all booked, three sittings, in a 90 cover restaurant.......

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Here in Lincoln, One of our wonderful councilors was recently on the radio saying that he thought

7 Pounds to park for 4 hours was reasonable. I tend to disagree.

Oh, was that the sound of another High Street shop closing?

They want you to use the bus. If it's anything like things in this neck of the woods. It's quicker to walk,  something I've proved a few times. Besides I need the exercise. 

It's not just the online revolution that's killing the High Street. Are big shopping centres on the edge of town dying out? No, meanwhile councillors who are supposed to look after the city centres are killing it. 

That's my grump, making cars unwelcome without making public transport reliable and cheaper.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yes you can still find free parking in some places but it is getting rare.

I was in Glasgow today and drove into the car park I usually use.

Immediately noticed that the barriers were locked up and I thought 'superb..free parking.

Wrong. now one of those machines you type your registration into and pay £3 for 2 hours.

It used to be £5 for all day on a Sunday but owners have now sold it to one of those conglomerates. 

I’ve just seen the McDonald’s Christmas advert. I’ll spare you the trauma of watching it by describing it instead. Santa calls to deliver prezzies and eats the mince pies left out. Guess what? No carrots - anywhere. In the end he goes to a Mc Donald’s and buys a bag of ‘reindeer treats’.

So next time you get a Big Mac (c) don’t forget your carrots.

Seriously what advertising genius thought of that?

Yo Ho How? 

24 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I’ve just seen the McDonald’s Christmas advert. I’ll spare you the trauma of watching it by describing it instead.

The things you do for the cause! A Green endorsement is en-route.  :)

36 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I’ve just seen the McDonald’s Christmas advert. I’ll spare you the trauma of watching it by describing it instead. Santa calls to deliver prezzies and eats the mince pies left out. Guess what? No carrots - anywhere. In the end he goes to a Mc Donald’s and buys a bag of ‘reindeer treats’.

Yo Ho How? 

Christmas must be at mucckie Ds all the year round,how else do you explain what looks like reindeer droppings

28 minutes ago, camper1 said:

Christmas must be at mucckie Ds all the year round,how else do you explain what looks like reindeer droppings

They're the hamburger patties ...

10 hours ago, camper1 said:

Not being much of a TV watcher I have seen the ALDI advert and thought it was really good Mickey take.

On the grump side getting dragged out the wife to go Christmas shopping with my daughter who is so disorganised I could keep this one going on all on my own.

I should point out my wife is so organised all shopping done in the sales and all wrapped already, no gripes about her.[just now anyway]

I agree, and I particularly liked the "Panto" style adults joke when the parsnip falls in the bowl of nuts.

42 minutes ago, camper1 said:

.......how else do you explain what looks like reindeer droppings

think you might be getting confused with chicken nuggets.....

then again........

15 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

They're the hamburger patties ...

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Yo Ho How? 

McDonalds have had a fine tradition in this country of making really good adverts. The one that stands out is the one about a boy who's father had died, despite complaints about it I thought it was excellent;

I grumped when people moaned about it and it got banned.

Ah, yes, the Golden Arches.

After many years of resisting the efforts of fast-food chains to get a toe-hold, my local market town has recently succumbed and is now part of the clown's creeping world domination. Unsurprisingly, the back roads and verges around my off-the-beaten-track village have started to sprout some highly decorative cups, bags and cartons in both plastic and paper, all bearing a curious 'M' symbol. Last week I picked up about 10 cups & lids plus a similar number of other 'wrappings', but they're like aggressive weeds: they just keep coming back.

And as for my nearest Asda playing the same old clichéd Christmas songs on 17 Nov - bah, humbug.

The Golden Arches have been around a lot longer in some towns.

Cumae, Campania, Naples district. 8th century BC.

09ba1b77-7ab0-4dc6-8d39-4d62f1f3756e.jpg

Just think how much litter it has generated over the millennia.

Probably dumped in the crater of Vesuvius to be burnt.

7 hours ago, noelh said:

You're right, you shouldn't have go to Scotland to shop.  🙂 

I don't understand your logic.... :blink2:

3 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Yes you can still find free parking in some places but it is getting rare.

I was in Glasgow today and drove into the car park I usually use.

Immediately noticed that the barriers were locked up and I thought 'superb..free parking.

Wrong. now one of those machines you type your registration into and pay £3 for 2 hours.

It used to be £5 for all day on a Sunday but owners have now sold it to one of those conglomerates. 

Oh yes, those parking machines.. I was in the UK for a while recently with a rental car. These days you get the rental agreement etc. emailed to you, and Avis just provide a key (no tag with the car rego like you used to get). So i find a car park in York, drive past hundreds of empty "reserved" spaces until I'm about 5 floors up. Gratefully find the first available park and dump the car. Go shopping, go to the paystation at the other end from where I'm parked: do I know the rego? Do I eckerslyke! (appropriate for York, I think). So I walk back to the car, have the idea that maybe I should take a photo of the numberplate on my phone, and walk back to the paystation...

Incidentally the rental was a Mokka GT Elite or something. Anything that wasn't bolted down had been removed - spare tyre, jack, wheelbrace, floor mats, handbook....  The handbook would have been useful. Seat adjustment took a day to work out, and it was only after 2 weeks that I found that the GPS has a setting so it aligns with the direction of travel, rather than north. Mind you it had already sent us to the wrong address twice, so I was using my TomTom... I also managed to call GM assist while trying to find the interior light switch in pitch black.

I wouldn't recommend one. The wet grip and aquaplaning was dreadful (Continental tyres) and the ride excessively bumpy. Also as a six speed manual the gearlever  gate is far too narrow.  We did manage to put 3500 miles on it though. Serves it right.

Taking down of the Union Flag at work to display a ‘rainbow’ flag instead to celebrate inclusion and diversity. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2