This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tzulscha

'Tis the Season...to Grump

4 hours ago, Gorby said:

Hang on, hang on. I like the sofa as well.

Here's the answer then.

This house is for sale locally.

Then you would only get visits from @Beardie @JOCKNEYand me :)

195860_52_IMG_01_0000_max_476x317.jpg

17 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Next doors!....

Nah Vince, 

while it'll do YOU no good at all, ensure the rest of the country understand that the central reservation of either the M6 or M69

IS useful for something other than rubbish............then again................:whistle:

51 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Here's the answer then.

This house is for sale locally.

195860_52_IMG_01_0000_max_476x317.jpg

Hang on, that's misrepresentation. The sky is blue, and we all know from Beardie's constant whinging weather updates, that the window of opportunity to capture that shot only happens for fifteen minutes on alternate leap years.

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Hang on, that's misrepresentation.

Not so!

It's well known that you have your camera ready at 1243Z on the second Tuesday in May.

Photo was taken when the tide was out too!

Grump, grump grump,

HMRC website no less, try to log on with Govt Gateway details that THEY sent ME....not recognised so create new log in details with Post office....great, I am in, but what is this, cannot find what I want so quick google search...ah, I want SA302 form so go to log in and it takes me to original log in page that does not like my old log in details so click on link " forgotten password" and after filling in my details sends me to....you guessed it, Govt Gateway login where it does not like my details.

Computer slammed through floor which knocked over my beer which added to my palpitations.

I Hate HMRC site, I hate HMRC site, I hate HMRC site........oh, I am starting to rock back and fro.....is that good or bad?

11 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Grump, grump grump,

HMRC website no less, try to log on with Govt Gateway details that THEY sent ME....not recognised so create new log in details with Post office....great, I am in, but what is this, cannot find what I want so quick google search...ah, I want SA302 form so go to log in and it takes me to original log in page that does not like my old log in details so click on link " forgotten password" and after filling in my details sends me to....you guessed it, Govt Gateway login where it does not like my details.

Computer slammed through floor which knocked over my beer which added to my palpitations.

I Hate HMRC site, I hate HMRC site, I hate HMRC site........oh, I am starting to rock back and fro.....is that good or bad?

Got a tax refund today that they should never have taken 18 Months ago. Exactly the same problem with their 'Gateway' system. Launched a report with them. I will get an answer within 2 working days. Ha bloody ha!

26 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

In a previous life I had to contact them as they had written to my department in the local council. Talk about high handed language. We were being threatened with a hefty fine for not submitting some sort of document following the purchase of land seven years earlier. ‘Unless...threat threat threat....within x days threat threat threat fine of x threat threat threat pay up threat threat threat’

I retrieved our file from store and spent ages going through the paper trail. The threat letter had a number which I spent ages trying to connect with. I found the author of the letter. Equally unpleasant on the end of the phone too. I got the feeling that they thought that they had us ‘bang to rights’.

’So when are you going to pay?’

I then explained that yes we had indeed received the original invoice but that there was some sort of discrepancy/inaccuracy (can’t remember the details) and that a colleague had written to then requesting a clarification. I was then asked why payment had not been made.

’We’re still waiting for your reply’.

The matter was dropped........

Trevor

Ahh yes, I remember HMRC, where the rats were leaving the sinking ship, last one out turn the lights off.

@bentwaters81tfw,Frank, enjoy! you've waited long enough, but I will suggest neither you, nor @Head in the clouds. hold your breath, as government departments can't make a mistake.....even when they've made a mistake. :drunk:

@Max Headroom, Trevor, be grateful for the paper trail, in my (thankfully) short time with DWP as a FCO one brief slip and down went the phone......inter departmental assistance? not on your nellie! Time wasted per month must have run to hundreds of hours, who picks up the bill? Oh yes, the tax payer........

@Head in the clouds. government departments, not arguing with the facts? How much do you want to bet? It's covered!

Paul

I just love being grumpy 🤔

It is the absolute peak of perfection. In fact totally enjoyable.

It comes easily. My only worry is how to improve. Just makes me grumpy. 😕

Indeed being grumpy is an art form, we should all get grants from the Arts Council for our contribution to the art. A grumpy fellow is like a stand-up comedian tasked with pointing out the sheer absurdity of human life to those less gifted. 

I am now grumpy that we are underappreciated artists!

I actually have a real and angry grump with the quality of the NHS in Glasgow. On Thursday my wife had to attend a Gynaecology unit in Glasgow's 'Flagship' hospital for a painful and unpleasant test. I wasn't present for the test but she tells me that, for the first twenty minutes the nurse fiddled about trying to get her machine to work, or at least to appear to work. She then carried out the sticking of probes, tubes etc. in sensitive places with all the finesse of a bricklayer leaving my wife having to take an 'emergency' only fast acting morphine tablet and spent the rest of Yesterday and all of today in pain. This 'nurse' kept telling her she wouldn't get her operation if the tests didn't show the problem. Clearly she wasn't aware of why this test was being carried out.

Problems with this scenario?

1. If the machine in question wasn't giving the correct readings when being set up how do you know it is giving the right results in use?

2. Given that my wife has an extensive history of severe pain in the particular area why was she treated so brutally. At one point she tells me the nurse went to pull out a probe, rather firmly only to then say, as my wife writhed in agony, oops, wrong one.

3. My wife wasn't trying to win the 'prize' of an operation, as the nurse seemed to think, but to try and get a solution to a problem caused by an operation and questionable implant that has pretty much succeeded in ruining her life.

Personally, if it had been me in my wife's position I'd have called a halt when the nurse was having problems trying to persuade her machine to give what would 'appear' to be the correct readings. It would have been "test suspended, let me know when you figure out how to use your equipment or get it fixed!"

I can't help but feel that the NHS is stuffed. I have decided that I will only seek assistance for myself if I am fairly certain that I'm dying(possibly not even then) although a witch doctor might be more useful.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:03 AM, IanHx said:

Surely you don't mean....  making him queue ?   :)

Just put a sign outside saying "Take a number and wait to be called"...

On 11/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Got a tax refund today that they should never have taken 18 Months ago. 

I hope you have sent them an invoice for interest owing on the money they had (obviously they could get interest since it was in their account).

You will have a "handling fee" to also add on...

Maybe a "communications fee" too...?

@PhoenixII I couldn’t help but compare them very unfavourably with the Land Registry which was the other governmental department I had regular dealings with. Buying up and selling tracts of land all over Liverpool we had a good working relationship with them and if we had a procedural problem, nothing was too much trouble to help. I won’t go into technicalities but in order to register land we needed a piece of paper from HMRC for the tax paid. It got to the point that HMRC would take ages to produce said docket (pre online days this!) and would threaten to cancel our application. Once explained to the Land Registry they would send a snotty letter basically telling them to get their act together. This happened regularly.

Even other government departments hated HMRC!

Trevor

15 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Is that better?

Live in the the wild and woolly north near the big, hairy, scary one? :worry:      It would probably suit me as long as the 'kilt' thing isn't compulsory. My trousers are non-negotiable. But it would be cruel to part Mrs Gorby from her beloved Waitrose, John Lewis, Primark etc.

You're probably thinking 'soft southerners' ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅. How right you would be.

Would I need to import veg?

14 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Thanks Trevor, I've added it to my 'wish list'. I just need to sit back and see what response that gets from Mrs Gorby. :giggle:

It'll be interesting to see if that gets ordered, wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree. 

19 minutes ago, Gorby said:

her beloved Waitrose, John Lewis, Primark etc.

A mere ferry ride then car/bus/train. She's be away all day leaving you in peace with your models.

The house I showed is adjacent to the sea so having sold your shed down there and bought the house,there would be enough for a boat. That would leave you even longer with the models.

21 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Would I need to import veg?

No.

Kale,Sprouts and leeks do quite well. Any of the other poncy stuff can be obtained in said Waitrose (other wee shops are available :))

The biggest plus would be that we would have a 'marker' on your BiL and he would be stopped at the wall.

6 hours ago, Beardie said:

I actually have a real and angry grump with the quality of the NHS in Glasgow. On Thursday my wife had to attend a Gynaecology unit in Glasgow's 'Flagship' hospital for a painful and unpleasant test. I wasn't present for the test but she tells me that, for the first twenty minutes the nurse fiddled about trying to get her machine to work, or at least to appear to work. She then carried out the sticking of probes, tubes etc. in sensitive places with all the finesse of a bricklayer leaving my wife having to take an 'emergency' only fast acting morphine tablet and spent the rest of Yesterday and all of today in pain. This 'nurse' kept telling her she wouldn't get her operation if the tests didn't show the problem. Clearly she wasn't aware of why this test was being carried out.

Problems with this scenario?

1. If the machine in question wasn't giving the correct readings when being set up how do you know it is giving the right results in use?

2. Given that my wife has an extensive history of severe pain in the particular area why was she treated so brutally. At one point she tells me the nurse went to pull out a probe, rather firmly only to then say, as my wife writhed in agony, oops, wrong one.

3. My wife wasn't trying to win the 'prize' of an operation, as the nurse seemed to think, but to try and get a solution to a problem caused by an operation and questionable implant that has pretty much succeeded in ruining her life.

Personally, if it had been me in my wife's position I'd have called a halt when the nurse was having problems trying to persuade her machine to give what would 'appear' to be the correct readings. It would have been "test suspended, let me know when you figure out how to use your equipment or get it fixed!"

I can't help but feel that the NHS is stuffed. I have decided that I will only seek assistance for myself if I am fairly certain that I'm dying(possibly not even then) although a witch doctor might be more useful.

Problem living in a large community. Especially when no body knows what the other is saying 🤔

Living in a small community, Jersey, we only have 100,000 souls. Anything which gets out of hand

or you grump about hits the headlines. Same day.

Evening Post, Channel TV & BBC Jersey. Man oh man grumpy people are in & out of the TV studios

like ants in a mole hill. Out flat is over the top of ChannelTV so I am in place for an instant grump.

Laurie

7 hours ago, Beardie said:

I actually have a real and angry grump with the quality of the NHS in Glasgow. 

<snip>

Is this the same caring, best in the world NHS spouted by all who work there? If there was a culture of caring and sensitivity it surely would be, but now the culture is about self and not about caring for the patients.

Ah, the NHS.

Had a summons for a blood test this week. The nurse was having computer problems, so I was delayed 15 minutes before being called.

She eventually gets the machine to print legible lables.

Next my blood pressure is taken by a digital machine 150/77. Somewhat out of my usual range. 'I'll take another in a minute, I don't trust these machines.'

5 minutes later and she uses the old style cuff, pump and stethoscope. 135/80 Normal for me.

2 attempts at getting blood (it's not easy getting it from a stone)

Considering they make assumptions/diagnoses and prescribe medication and/or treatment on the back of readings given by unreliable equipment, it makes one wonder if..................:facepalm:

44 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

A mere ferry ride then car/bus/train. She's be away all day leaving you in peace with your models.

Tempting.

45 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

The house I showed is adjacent to the sea so having sold your shed down there and bought the house,there would be enough for a boat.

If I sold my 'shed' down here (to buy that wendy-house up there) I'd have enough left over for a helicopter! Having lived my life as far away from the sea as it's possible to get in Britain, it would probably unnerving to live on the edge of the wet bit. I mean, how does the sea know where it's supposed to stay? I certainly wouldn't be tempted to get on one of those boat thingies - that would be madness.

45 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

he would be stopped at the wall.

Does it have searchlights and machine guns? I may have to leave the sofa with BiL so he won't be tempted to visit it. It wouldn't fit in the wendy-house anyway.

25 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Is this the same caring, best in the world NHS spouted by all who work there? If there was a culture of caring and sensitivity it surely would be, but now the culture is about self and not about caring for the patients.

The NHS isn't perfect, but the blame for that lies largely elsewhere. The staff are overworked, underpaid and are frequently attacked verbally or physically in the course of their job. As a result, they are utterly demoralised. 

Without the NHS, those that can't afford private health care, would have a LOT more problems than we currently have.