This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tzulscha

'Tis the Season...to Grump

43 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Gorby.....you've obviously upset the Gods, and now they are out to get you.

Admittedly, it has been a bit of mission of mine to upset whichever gods I encounter.

I just need to work out which one I've particularly peed-off this time. :undecided:

It is starting to look a storm is brewing outside. 🌩️

:worry:

Gorby,

look on it as a silver lining, wait 'til the rain starts and then invite the brother-in-law to depart.......

You could look at it this way:- We like everybody, some when they arrive, MANY when they leave!

Anyway, he's a transient pain, more important, how the back?

Paul

Tell the BIL that the voices in your head are angry with him.

And don’t blink.

HTH

Trevor Proops

Least favourite brother-in-law has finally gone. :yahoo:

Probably because the dog jumped on the sofa beside him, turned to face the other way, and farted in his face. :rofl:

She normally loves everyone, but it looks like even the dog can only stand so much.

20 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

how the back?

For some reason my back is feeling a little better.

Further to me grump on not feeling well because I had an infection. The good news is that the infection is now much better. 😁

The bad news is as a result of all this, I now have a pulmonary embolism, this was diagnosed after blood tests yesterday followed by a CT scan today. Could be worse as in the old days you had to stay in hospital with a heparin infusion and more recently had to have warfarin that required, at first, fairly  frequent blood tests. Today the modern drugs require much less supervision. 

Could be happier. 

Edited by Mr T

I just hope modern drugs are that good. I lost my father, and a 21 year old girlfriend to that. Admittedly that was 32 and 43 years ago.

3 hours ago, Mr T said:

Further to me grump on not feeling well because I had an infection. The good news is that the infection is now much better. 😁

The bad news is as a result of all this, I now have a pulmonary embolism, this was diagnosed after blood tests yesterday followed by a CT scan today. Could be worse as in the old days you had to stay in hospital with a heparin infusion and more recently had to have warfarin that required, at first, fairly blood tests. Today the modern drugs require much less supervision. 

Could be happier. 

What they don't tell you is that the rivaroxaban doesn't work effectively if you're over 120kg.....in which case warfarin is plan B.

IanHX, weight not a problem and discussed with Mrs T who is well used to dealing with stuff like this and was with me when the consultant came and thanks for raising a potential issue. 

Bentwaters81tfw. I am sorry for you loss and I recall the old treatment. Today the blood tests and use of contrast CT has made a big difference in diagnosis and even using warfarin tends to be better. One of the issues from 35+ years ago was on of diagnosis before a clot detached and formed a DVT or worse. The more modern anticoagulants do seem to much better designed. I am keeping my fingers crossed. 

Edited by Mr T
Making more sense

@Mr T  wishing you a speedy recovery.  My wife did the PE/respiratory failure thing this time last year, hence the familiarity with the drugs in question. 

Artie.I could not agree with you more about modern cars. My daily drive is a Toyota Soarer(see spot of the day in vehicles#649) it weighs  in at 2 tons and hs a length of 16 feet. The car is galvanised so no rust to weaken the structure.Behind the front and rear bumpers is a full width  metal bar 1 foot deep and 3 inches thick. The doors have bars built in thicker than scaffold polls, crumple zones ? What are they?  268bhp 4 ltr I have pulled a Ford Transet out of a ditch with it.Modern instrumentals well I do have a digital dash and something that goes bong and puts a warning up in Japanese when it wants something.Oh I nearly forgot my tape player for my Jan and Dean tracks when I feel like lighting up my rear tyres!😋

Gorby

Remember the old sayings

Relationship is the worst ship that ever sailed the seas.

Visiting relations are like dead fish,after 3days they start to stink!

13 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

'til the rain starts and then invite the brother-in-law to depart....

Just as long as he doesn't notice the watering cans hanging over the windows when he arrives....

Edited by Vince1159

16 hours ago, Gorby said:

Least favourite brother-in-law has finally gone. :yahoo:

Always answer the door wearing your coat, that way you can till him you are just going out. That should stuff him.

16 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Always answer the door wearing your coat, that way you can till him you are just going out. That should stuff him.

That wouldn’t work, when he's set a course he won't deviate regardless of valid reasons the target may have – great quality if your an Exocet, but not the best quality in a brother-in-law.

The last time he arrived Mrs Gorby was on the way out and I repeated that fact frequently and very pointedly. But he still made himself comfortable on the sofa. He seems to like our sofa. Perhaps next time he turns up I could set light to it. :jump_fire:

I wonder if he will get the message then?

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Perhaps next time he turns up I could set light to it. :jump_fire:

You could wrap it up and take it to his place as a christmas pressie....

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

You could wrap it up and take it to his place as a christmas pressie....

Hang on, hang on. I like the sofa as well. Although if I could give it as a gift with something legally binding that prohibits him entering our house, it would definitely be something I would be willing to think about. :think:

Although some would consider a 'cease and desist order' to be not particularly festive. 🎄

14 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Hang on, hang on. I like the sofa as well. Although if I could give it as a gift with something legally binding that prohibits him entering our house, it would definitely be something I would be willing to think about. :think:

Although some would consider a 'cease and desist order' to be not particularly festive. 🎄

Just tell him you don't like him & he's not welcome.

43 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Hang on, hang on. I like the sofa as well.

I was thinking about you on the arson and attempted murder charge lol...

41 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Just tell him you don't like him & he's not welcome.

If only it was that easy.

The most obvious reason is that, and I can't stress this more, HE DOESN'T LISTEN. He's a living breathing embodiment of the sayings 'skin like rhino hide' and 'water off a duck's back'.

Also, for some bizarre reason, Mrs Gorby wouldn't be overly keen on open hostilities with her brother. So I have to keep it all buttoned up and deal with it by being passive aggressive and bitching about him behind his back. You know, the good old British way.

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

You know, the good old British way.

Surely you don't mean....  making him queue ?   :)

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I was thinking about you on the arson and attempted murder charge lol...

Attempted???!!!! :wicked: