This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tzulscha

'Tis the Season...to Grump

Well, the last one will be shut down any second (darn it) so we'd better get started in the Holiday wingeing.

Grump early! Avoid the crowds!

23 minutes ago, Tzulscha said:

so we'd better get started in the Holiday wingeing.

No!

It's a wonderful time of the year. Did that sound convincing?..thought not..so..

Families. Estranged daughter in law wants us all round there. Son wants us in to him. Other son and daughter in law want us out there.

I fancy climbing a hill with a flask of coffee and some sandwiches.

I can really see that happening..not!

It gives me great pleasure to feature the first :humbug: of this seasonal grumpy thread.

Well I'll be festive free at home. you are all welcome to bring a beer and pitch up for a Christmas free grump. :humbug:

I am hoping to be snowed in while everyone else is snowed out now that would be a great Christmas!

I have to say I can't really grump about Christmas. It's invariably a pleasant experience in all my years. Thanks to a solid and close family and marrying into another solid close family. My only complaint is that I've only had a couple of white Christmases. 

I'm always looking for the perfect Christmas but so far there's never being a bad one.

So sorry, I can't join in.

I have always fancied a snowy Christmas in Scotland. Probably not with Beardie though. 😄

Edited by noelh

Ya know, I never thought I'd live to be a grumpy old man.

But here I am and I'm killing it.

I'd like to grump about the waste of 3/4 of the last grump thread's page going to waste. Several important grumps could have easily been fitted into that space.

Second grump is that I have a job interview to attend tomorrow. I have been told verbatim, to "wear shoes".

My reply was "Righto. Tie and shoes. Got it!". 

Interesting place since they develop and build the highest performance aeronautical device (in its category) on the planet. The boss walks around in slippers...

Could get interesting...

Seeing adverts for ‘book now for your Christmas meal’ to avoid disappointment.

In the first week of September.

BTW hot cross buns are now available.

Oh oh just thought of something. The local paper in Liverpool ran a story that the Coca Cola lorry isn’t visiting us in the run up to Christmas.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/coca-cola-christmas-truck-snubs-15376963.amp

Apparently this is A Thing and means that the whole of the Christmas is ruined and that there’ll be mass Seppaku ceremonies outside of the Liver Building in protest.

Trevor 

Was asked today by mrs fatfingers when i was getting the Christmas tat down from the loft. Never replies i. 

Fine says she. I will ask my dad to get them down.

Cant wait to see him get through the hatch with his dodgy hip and beer gut! 

Gawd i hate Christmas! :angry:

Regards

Steve McScrooge

I used to enjoy Christmas, when I was a kid & then when I had my own kids  ( as per Noelh { am I the only one seeing the connection there})but once I was no longer involved on the front line & could see what it has developed into I have become comfortably numb.

It's strangely satisfying & comforting to wander round Asda or Tesco & watch the frenzy & misery of others as they go through the motions & be sublimely untouched by the madness.

11 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Tesco & watch the frenzy & misery of others as they go through the motions & be sublimely untouched by the madness.

except in my local tesco they start playing blinkin' Christmas music from the start of December, I have to remember to take an mp3 player or I'm not untouched by it...   I have actually complained about it several times, its the staff I feel sorry for, they can't get  away from it.

On the Christmas subject, about 20 years ago, in a charity shop in Hove,  in summer,  looking through a mass of records, I came to the realisation that everyone loathsome or tacky had made an Christmas LP....  and  it was summer, and taking the double negative of not like Christmas much, and artist I despised making Christmas records into a postive, I bought a load of hideous Christmas LPs at 10p a go....

St Winifreds school choir, Pinky and Perky, Julie Andrews, Don Estelle, Jim Reeves, and a few more that I can't recall now, though I still have them.  

Now where did I put them?

It's never been my favourite time of year and I like it less as I age.

Kevin the carrot and the Coca Cola truck. I had heard there had been complaints made by parents whose kids were traumatised that Kevin the Carrot was gonna be killed as his lorry slides off the cliff. I didn't believe it so I looked it up. Yes there have been three official complaints made apparently. What I was more disgusted about was that it went on in the article to talk of the complaints on twitter (full of nasty swearwords) from people disgusted that Aldis had 'hi-jacked' the Coca Cola truck which they were thoroughly committed to and saw as the start of Christmas. My God what have we come to in this country when people get violently and abusively angry that one company borrows (with permission) another highly successful and totally profit oriented company's Christmas money making engine. Apparently Coca Cola tweeted (or is it twittered) asking Kevin if he needed a tow. Apparently Coca Cola had been totally onboard with the advert so I guess all those angry at Aldi's should now attack Coca Cola themselves.

Oh, on a side note - Kevin is a living breathing carrot and, in the aforementioned advert the rear of the lorry is shown to contain two crates of Carrots all crammed in without any room to breathe. Are they destined for the ovens? Is Kevin a carrot trafficker? or a serial killer? Also, what do the kids who love Kevin think when they are served carrots?

But you've reminded me of a big grump me and Mrs Hovis has... Aldi!

There's Aldi in England, Scotland, Wales, and the Republic of Ireland, but not one shop in Northern Ireland!!!  What's that all about?  No wonder we had the Troubles..!  😉

Well who sponsors Santa then? I thought his outfit was red and white because Coca Cola 'owned' his Donkey

Just now, Beardie said:

Well who sponsors Santa then? I thought his outfit was red and white because Coca Cola 'owned' his Donkey

It's your parent's truck.

Ok, maybe I'll join in. The Christmas ads. I like Kevin the carrot, amusing. 

I've decided that I won't watch the John Lewis ad even though I like Elton John. In any case there are no John Lewis shops here. So it's a moot point. 

I do dislike overly emotional ads of any sort. I do not want to be manipulated. Not that I'm ever manipulated.

Too bloody cynical me. 

7 minutes ago, hovis said:

But you've reminded me of a big grump me and Mrs Hovis has... Aldi!

There's Aldi in England, Scotland, Wales, and the Republic of Ireland, but not one shop in Northern Ireland!!!  What's that all about?  No wonder we had the Troubles..!  😉

Really? Never realised that. That's odd. Well you can cross the border....... until next March, Hur Hur Hur and do your shopping. I prefer Aldi I must say. Mind you after March all the Euros will be sent home. 😄 

5 minutes ago, noelh said:

Really? Never realised that. That's odd. Well you can cross the border....... until next March, Hur Hur Hur and do your shopping. I prefer Aldi I must say. Mind you after March all the Euros will be sent home. 😄 

I try to keep my shopping local, not international 😉

7 hours ago, spaddad said:

I have become comfortably numb.

Floydian slip ? Or just acceptance that we're all just another brick in the wall ? :)

8 hours ago, hairystick said:

I'd like to grump about the waste of 3/4 of the last grump thread's page going to waste. Several important grumps could have easily been fitted into that space.

We was robbed I tell you..... :) 

I would like to place on record that I have officially been branded a Christmas Grump by my lovely dear wife and daughters ,because I would get all googly eyed over some overpriced baubles that will hang from a dead tree for a couple of weeks that I will then have to put away.

I would also like to place on record that they are totally right :) 

Being a daddy of daughters, I will obviously be bent around little fingers and spoil then absoluetly rotten (obviously with the obligatory grumping, moaning and sighing)... but i see one Boney M song or CD cover, and I'm getting me Postman Pat wellies... :) 

And I haven't seen this yet here, and know you all just love it, so..... :devil:

:santa: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!! :santa: