ICM U-2/Po-2VS, a hero of the Great Patriotic War, 172nd scale, Spring 1945...

I attached the truth and the top wing last night.  No issues at all.  Everything for very well and easily.  When I had done that I looked at the aircraft and decided two things:

1) I will weather and completely decal the model before rigging.  There is a fair amount of external rigging beyond the usual cabane/interplane struts.

and

2) The thing really does look like what had been designed to be: an agricultural aircraft.  Yes.  A tractor with wings.  All hail the mighty Proletariat!

45127171775_007eb3848f_b_d.jpg

31099977557_c58b8377cb_b_d.jpg

--John

• Like 7

Some, but not all, of the rigging is finished.  I only have to do the four small control horn pipes on the upper and lower wings.  Rigging is a mix of monofilament and EZLine.  I used the EZLine for the rudder and stabilizer control lines while the interplane rigging is the fishing line.  Pretty basic stuff.

45158139255_bef4fe2850_b_d.jpg

46069903361_8f25fb9966_b_d.jpg

I'm off-island for a week or so beginning today.  When I get back, I'll wrap it up.  Still a fair amount to do.

--John

• Like 6

4 hours ago, uncletommy said:

before I attempt to beat mine into submission

It's actually a pretty easy kit.  A bit daunting due to the size of some of the parts, but they come together well with very little fuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost there!  I'll be happy to get this kit off the bench.  It's been fun, but there is a sense of fragility to this kit that makes me uncomfortable.  Attaching the bombs was a chore--too many tiny pieces.  So...wheels are on, engine is on, gun mount ready for the machine gun...prop is painted and ready.  All I need to do is the four small pieces of rigging for the upper and lower wing control horns, attach the prop, gun...and finished.

45489609354_ee908f2b25_b_d.jpg

32341375268_8739fe5feb_b_d.jpg

--John

• Like 2

Nice build so far.

Before You stick the prop in the front, please note that the the blades the wrong way.

If this inaccuracy is a big deal for You, Quickboost makes a nice correct replacement. 

Edited by warhawk