Flankers 1/72 Zvezda

Xavnl

I will be building the SM Flanker from Revell soon (because better decals than original Zvezda box), but I can't seem to find the correct colors to match their 2 tone sky blue/dark blue scheme (as seen on Red 06 or 04 for example). Anyone able to help out with this?

Also, how do you have the UB boxing so soon? Every shop I checked has it listed as preorder or coming soon 🤣. On the other hand, I will probably wait 3 months for Eduard PE anyway...

22 minutes ago, Xavnl said:

From the Netherlands:

Su-27 UB

That's my LHS!  😉

36 minutes ago, drake122 said:

I will be building the SM Flanker from Revell soon (because better decals than original Zvezda box), but I can't seem to find the correct colors to match their 2 tone sky blue/dark blue scheme (as seen on Red 06 or 04 for example). Anyone able to help out with this?

I wil try the first two paints in this set:

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/producto/hobby/sets/air-war-en/soviet-russian-colors-su27-flanker-from-80-to-present-vallejo-airwar-71602/

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks, I will look into those color options. Also found HATAKA Su-33 set and Ammo Mig set to compare colors.

I've heard regarding the new Su-27UB, if you preorder from certain  places you get a free PE set and pitot tube with the kit!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, Flankerman said:

Great choice of 1/72 scale Flankers - but what's wrong with the Su-27SM????

Su-27SM_01.jpg

....just for completeness.:thumbsup:

Ken

Great kit, built it last year myself.

Having said that, I would recommend people get the Revell boxing. The Zvezda original lacks missile stencils which is quite a shocking omission. And the SM carries LOTS of missiles.

• Like 1

Hi there

Well there are some so called specific paints the Akan and they are a acrilic paint line

So I wonder to ask what do you fellows think about them??? Btw I have some at the stash but only have use the cockpit color for MiG jet fighters of the 80-90 nd tha green for dielectric panels and wheel hubs

Best day

Armando

• 2 weeks later...

This is a set including the paints and glue. Few weeks ago there was a special price of 04937 only for 10-11 Euro and I have bought considerable amount of them for my ongoing Flanker conversion projects which you can follow in this forum.

Merry Christmas,

Serkan

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 1:43 PM, Xavnl said:

Sadly the shipping cost are a bit high. Nearly 13 euros, that's a deal breaker for me...

I know that maybe will be a bit off, but I'm from El Salvador (in Central America, frequently mistaken by Salvador in Brasil) so that's down the border one of the Banana Republics, 

That's the truth I stopped ordering kit & things from US because EXTRA EXPENSIVE MAILING COST, so now I normally buy from Europe and my favorite Hannant's (yes, from England) and Jaddar Hobbies in Poland but also from Asia, a normal Airfix kit like the $10-14 but the shipping from US can be $35-45 so that outrageous that I stopped buying from USA, to put simpler to me a 1/72 kit have to cost around $ 20-25

Best day

Armando