Hello Everybody ... My latest build Tamiya’s 1/72 Fw-190D. I was kind of inspired to build this because of @Shelliecool‘s Recent 190 Dora. I used the kit decals but opted to go with a change in colors. I like the look of the late war two tone green uppers of RLM 82/83 over the RLM 76. Not entirely accurate but i can live with it. Ive got several builds in the works currently, but some are stuck for paint. So sooner or later i will have more to show for you. Without further talk i give you “Dora.”

2eSMTKs.jpg

jU4sUUI.jpg

xGUShZZ.jpg

i7AP6rL.jpg

S6MJEkE.jpg

i98DpeQ.jpg

ucTFUEV.jpg

LVTtT0X.jpg

XapHHus.jpg

hipQbZh.jpg

Please feel free to question, comment, or joke, I hope you like it. 

Dennis

• Like 40

Great work Dennis - it's a very nice 190. I like the colour scheme you went for - those greens are lovely. You did a great job on the camo and the canopy looks crystal clear. 

I've done this kit and found it great - except for the decals which were brutal. I've bought the same kit again but will be using aftermarket decals plus a few extras so hopefully it will come out a little better than last time. I prefer the long nose 190 over the original but they're all great really - it's a beautiful looking machine. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dov said:

Excellent. If you do not mind, your Dora lacks one detail which is actually highly visible in the top view? The hole for the starter crank

That video of them trying to crank the Dora is hilarious - I guess the Luftwaffe ground crew was a little better practiced at this job... :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

've done this kit and found it great

Yes I've actually done this exact kit before but in 1/48th same markings. That kit went awol when i moved in 2004. So this is a replacement. I prefer the 190 over Messerschmitt’s but Just a little. I really enjoy the colors and the mottling. U.S.A.A.F Aircraft tend to be a little boring in the O.D/N.G scheme. 

Practice makes perfect in war. You kind of had to be Johnny on the spot, with a 1000 B-17’s/24’s headed your way.  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Your Dora is wonderful. Maybe an idea for next Doras!

Here I give you some pictures from my Doras. Since I like this a/c so much, because it was in design clean, perfect mechanic and wonderful to fly.

Can you imagine to start this group of 4 during ground attack?

YhYvfmC.jpg

mR0Svb5.jpg

YhATOfS.jpg

AE1Gm9z.jpg

Happy modelling

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful DORA, like the colors.

Only thing which i will do different is weathering on the underside....maybe try to make it more "random" and not so strong...maybe little more balanced with upper side.

@dov.........great idea!!!

Best regards

Edited by djos
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, djos said:

Only thing which i will do different is weathering on the underside....maybe try to make it more "random" and not so strong...maybe little more balanced with upper side.

Yes i realized how off it was when i took the photo. Not my favorite part of this build. 

39 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

..difficult to tell whether that's brush-painted or airbrushed. The mottle's come out well if that is brush work!

Very nice Dennis!

Thanks for the compliment FalkeEins .. it is Airbrushed, not perfectly but im getting better with my mottling. It will improve more if i can get a smaller nozzle. 

Many thanks to all that have complimented and given me ideas. 

• Like 1