Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR9a

Evening all, Here is my Airfix GR9a starter kit that my daughter got me for fathers day. Its a starter kit and I still managed to get something wrong. Seems like I've got the vent pieces for the intake area the wrong way round but didn't click until it was too late. Also a few other things that aren't right but had to get it done to show the little boss. I also got the CMK resin cockpit set but only ended up using the tub,seat and main panel, didnt want to start cutting pieces off the model for the other bits and the stick wasnt as good as the one that came with the kit. Well anyway here it is and lets hope it dont offend your eyes too much lol.

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

1/72 Airfix Harrier gr9a

• Like 36

12 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Very cool.  Did all the armaments come with the kit?  I have the regular GR9A kit and only hope mine looks half as good as yours.

Yes mate, all came with the kit, it also came with a couple of aim 9's but I'm still in 2 minds whether to put them on or not. Thanks for looking.

12 minutes ago, Booty003 said:

A very smart looking Harrier - I can imagine the Little Boss was most impressed.

Cheers Booty, I got roughly 5 seconds of her precious time. From what I got from that was that she wasn't that impressed. Lol

maybe if i build a horse she might like it..

Edited by davebruce

Very nice. Great finish. :thumbsup:

As you said, it's nice the way gravity goes in the other direction on your planet. :winkgrin:

Only suggestion I would have is that some of the seam lines (external tanks, nozzles) could've done with a bit more TLC.

Nice job, well done. I had the look at the instructions on mine the other day and decided it was way too complicated for me to attempt at the moment (where's the two left thumbs emoji???). Just bought the GR1 gift set so might give it a go though I have a feeling that might be beyond me as well!!

• Like 1

Great model that perfectly captures that "testbed flying machine" look of the Harrier, with its warts and bumps and sundry protuberances everywhere.

Remarkable that it was a brainchild of the man who also designed the Fury biplane…

Slick work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1