Ultimate APEX Airbrush

mick b

Hi Mike

Can highly recommend it, there’s a lot of travel on the trigger so you can get a good range of width on the one needle.

Cleaning it is easy too, nice & wide at the bottom of the paint cup so great at getting into it to clean.

The only thing I’ve found & it’s probably something I’m doing, is that the nozzle tends to bind its self into the head assembly ( not sure what the correct name is) though I just leave it to soak in cleaner for a bit & it seems to fall out, think it’s may be me over finger tightening it....

I do use a infinity & an old Iwata as well but more often than not the apex has become to go to brush simply for it’s constant easy of use.

Yet another re branded badger/ thayer and Chandler Omni frankenbrush.

1 needle should work.

Basically all angles are the same.

The larger nozzle sizes simply use needles that don't take that angle all the way to the center before rounding it to a point.

If the calculations are all done right yeah, no reason it shouldn't work for all of them. But it's still a balancing act and can only work perfectly for one size.

But these are tiny differences not likely to affect anyone but a detail artist.

Anyway all the badger models this thing is made up of are good, so should be good.

One needle can be flexible for general and detail painting, the sparmax GP-35 is an example of that.

As a trader one thing that worries me about these single brushes is spares. 

If there are standard Badger spares, then  there shouldn't be a problem. 

If it's a bespoke then spares could be difficult long term if it is discontinued.

Paul

11 hours ago, little-cars said:

One needle can be flexible for general and detail painting, the sparmax GP-35 is an example of that.

As a trader one thing that worries me about these single brushes is spares. 

If there are standard Badger spares, then  there shouldn't be a problem. 

If it's a bespoke then spares could be difficult long term if it is discontinued.

Paul

Idk if I'd call a gp-35 a detail brush.

But yeah for a general purpose brush one needle should be fine.

But good point

Before I'd get an Apex I'd put in an email or call to both  badger and Apex and see if they are using a needle that is offered on one of the common models.

10 hours ago, Robbyrockett said:

Idk if I'd call a gp-35 a detail brush.

But yeah for a general purpose brush one needle should be fine.

But good point

Before I'd get an Apex I'd put in an email or call to both  badger and Apex and see if they are using a needle that is offered on one of the common models.

GP-35 It all depends on what you are painting. We get down to about 1mm lines with the GP-35.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

I bought an Apex earlier this year and was so impressed with it that I sold my Badger Renegade Krome.

It does everything I ask of it, and the only upgrade was to fit a High Roller Trigger (Badger) for better control over the paint flow.  To be fair, it didn't make that much difference, but I like the feel of it over the standard trigger.

Get one, you won't regret it.

Craig.

• Like 1