Ikea Coffee Table!

Madmonk

So who will be the first to purchase one of these for that falcon diorama you know you always wanted in the lounge!!

IZk5DS3.jpg

Not sure on the depth of the display area but the whole thing is 36cm high so guess its at least 20cm.

Happy dioramaing, one and all.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Why don't you get one for yourself and do a review for us?  :giggle:

Mike

The problem with getting one means going to IKEA and that will mean spending more than the £60 for the table!!

Would make a great starting point for a Hoth or Yavin dio.

• Like 2

Would that be big enough for a DeAgonstini MF?

I just bought my first Detolf yesterday and was a bit disappointed at its size, particularly the height - it was smaller than I expected. I've got some extra shelves on order.

Hmmm, now that's very interesting. Only $70 here in the US.  27.5 X 27.5 inches - most large 1/72 aircraft would fit in that.

A 1/72 B-36 has a span of 97cm. The diagonal of the case would be 99cm - it would  (perhaps) just fit.........

Definite potential there! 

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Just what i need x4 (luckily for my bank account Ikea aren't over here).....

They do delivery though, not sure of the cost though, but where else are you going to get a display case that large for that money

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colin said:

They do delivery though, not sure of the cost though, but where else are you going to get a display case that large for that money

They probably would but over here with glass involved i'm not sure about them being delivered in one piece....

I think they will, they get delivered to Ikea from manufacturers they use from all over the world.Anything broken/missing contact Ikea and they will get you a replacement, their after sales is very good.

I have two of their metal display cases, they only come with two shelves, I contacted them to ask if I could purchase some extra shelf supports (they clip into the sides) they sent me 16 free of charge.When I get around to it I'll get some additional clear acrylic shelves cut

• Thanks 1