Aerocraft Models news feed on new projects

Ali62

DWI Wellington conversion set for the Airfix 1/72 kit

For the latest release this is an usual looking Wellington, to create something more unusual using the excellent new Airfix kit.

top DWI

See Website for more details.

cheers Ali

follow and like me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/aerocraftmodels/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Edited by Ali62
  • Like 4

I was tempted to ask if you'd consider the High Altitude type Wellingtons so that's the answer I wanted to hear :thumbsup: 

The Hunter T.7 is also a welcome one but are you planning to include a new airbrake along with the forward fuselage and tailcone? I'm guessing Airfix has a wing/center fuselage planned for a future release that will cover the different vents found on earlier 'small bore' Avon marks but don't know if a different airbrake will be included in the same boxings.

Hunter T7 1/48 excellent news Thank You.

Wellington VI. I didn't get to SMW so haven't seen it but I am doing a 1/48 version from the Trumpy kit HERE 

One thing that certainly changed was the profile of the top front of the engine nacelle losing most of the hump (presumably because hand pumping extra oil in was no longer possible). This picture sort of shows it

welltn-12.jpg

I have a pile of reference stuff if you need anything just PM me.

• Like 1

Amen on the resin canopy. Vac-form doesn’t really do it in 1/48th. Despite being a very committed 1/72 modeller, I have secured the 1/48 Hunter T.7 decal sheet from Fantasy Printshop in anticipation of getting my hands on this conversion. There can’t be a better looking aircraft than the T.7, ever, IMHO.

• Like 2

Thanks again to chaps that are assisting with information on the Wellington MkVI, and extra little details for the T.7 Hunter, all very much appreciated.

For the Hunter the plan is to include a resin canopy, there has been quite a lot of issues recently to get clear resin to work, mainly due to manufacturers having to change the chemical compositions to meet new chemical laws on health and safety etc. However we as an industry are now seeing that new products are coming through that can achieve reasonable results.....however I personally still need to see results that I am happy to include in my product range and charge customers for. Small parts are not to bad but if I am going to charge for a 'large clear canopy' then that is what it needs to be, free of bubbles and minimal distortion and other issues. So the bottom line is I am designing the set to have a clear cast canopy and hope that it will become a reality.

I also hope to extend the life and or interest on the Hunter so other versions of the 2 seater will follow, I am still gather my thoughts and ideas, and as with other manufactures type A will be released and then type B,C... .......will follow in time and dependant on interest and sales. Once I get some plans in my head I will probably run a poll on preferred options from you guys, that will include decal options and minor variation changes.

So safe to say there will be some small decal sheets supplied, some may only have squadron details and a serial number or two and the rest of the decals such as roundels be used from those supplied in the kit. Where alternative roundels are required then those will be provided.

Safe to say the first release will almost certainly be a standard T.7 trainer version with a few marking options.

Until next time, I am of back to sorting out the Wellington for now..........cheers Ali

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, Homebee said:

Suggestion: a 1/48th Gloster Meteor NF.14 conversion set for the Airfix F.Mk.VIII kit (but with a resin cast canopy please! 😉) ?

V.P.

Well now V.P. have you been stalking my threads and sewing some threads together.........................................😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Latest up date 

Hunter masters are progressing well, decals are currently being drawn for the first two box options, there will be a few releases of this set in a few different guises.

I hope to have some pictures and more information up in the next two weeks.

I need to get back to the high altitude Wellington, but I can say that I and Franta of DK Decals have been working together on the project and I can tell you that he has already drawn three schemes all quite different, that will be placed on a various decal sheet in the near future.

Lastly I have and I am still working on some replacement turrets for the Hobby Boss B-24 Liberator. These are proving to be a lot more difficult than would first appear, and I have already done and discarded a few basic masters already. It is not only just how to make the master but then and or also how to cast it. I need to get the master good, and figure the assembly of it all to enable the clear domes to be cast and then how to integrate the, gun slots and the 'bulged' metal sections as separate parts. Before anybody asks yes I do have the Hasegawa / Eduard 1/72 scale kits and am trying to use those as a basic design pattern, BUT it is a lot more tricky when upscaling it all and designing it all to work with silicone moulds and resin.

The other tricky part is the clear resin, to keep that part short and simple I have been testing and working with some new clear, and it is yielding varied results but I am getting better with it and I really need a break through with it as ALL of the above projects require it to work.

So please be patient but for now you know what I am working on, however I hasten to add this is all in my 'spare' time after the day job............

cheers Ali 

• Like 10

Ali,

Along with the Hunter stuff any chance of some brass main gear legs for it, from what im looking at online the gears sags some what.

Thx

Julien

• Like 1